our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

When God speaks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zaksmummy

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 6:53 am

Have you noticed that when God speaks to us through the feasts or by practicing Jewish "tradition" it is so personal?

For example, God has spoken to me a lot about repentance lately, and I obviously needed it and feel better for it. Someone I have been emailing said he has been speaking to her about the correct use of his name.

When I was driving home from work ealier I was mulling this over and thought we (me n God) havent had a conversation about anything like that.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to share?

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 1:44 am

What are you saying here, Catrin? Is it that you are feeling t/ Presence of God to repentence while performing a particular feast? That's an excellent opportunity to draw close to Him and glorify your God!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tturt

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 5:19 am

Yeah, even for those that don't observe the feasts, many were being prompted in the direction of repentance based on sermon content I've heard.

Yes, I definitely understand what she's saying about His name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 2:08 pm

I have been enjoying this past week in the Sukkah, I don't think there is any time or place ( outside Israel) one can feel HaShem's presence than in the Sukkah, being obedient to his word, rejoicing before him, feasting, and sharing time with family and friends or a quiet snack, just listening to him and waiting to hear, it is so wonderful, and just a taste of what is to come!~ cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks Empty

Back to top Go down

When God speaks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Judaism - From Orthodox to Messianic-
Jump to: