our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

The L-RD's Prayer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptyThu Oct 04, 2007 4:26 pm

Here's some info on the Jewishness of what has come to be called the L-RD's Prayer. It is the outline that Yeshua taught his talmidim ( apostles) when they asked him how should they pray? It was because John was teaching his disciples how to pray which was different than what was happening in the temple.

All prayer should be directed to the Father, only. Yeshua/Jesus is the one in whose name we bring before the Father to even listen to our prayers. The Ruach or Holy Spirit is the one you should rely on to direct your prayer, in other words to guide you in prayer and how to do it and what to say, but you do not pray to him. The 'Apostles' Prayer is a great guideline, it give format and order of how we should approach G-d.

Avinu ( Our Father)
She Ba shemayim ( who is in heaven)
Yitkadesh shimkha - Holy is your name- this is the sanctification of his name, which is holy and we see this from the 2nd commandment

Tavo Malkhutekha - your kingdom come ( this was and still is the purpose to set all things right, this was THE gospel )
Ye’aseh Retsonekha - Your will be done - His will not ours, in His kingdom His will alone is done ( more of him less of us, this will be all of him none of us, our sinful selfs, wanting to follow our own ways)
Ba’aretz ka’asher na’asah vashamayim - "On earth as it is in Heaven" - His will is not being done in earth as at the beginning but this is to pray that it will soon be so and all rebellion put down
Ten lanu Haiyom - Give us this day - Give to us, our Father, like a child we approach him, depending our needs all upon him and his mercy. 'this day' we are to only be concerned one day at a time, that is all we have, and like the time in the wilderness when they relied on the daily fall of manna (except on Shabbat) we too should rely daily for him to give us what we need for that day only. It keeps us humble and in right relationship with him, relying on him always, not getting what we want and need and then turning away, for our love too would turn with it, we are that shallow.

Lechem chukeinu - 'our daily bread' Again on a per day basis, so we learn to rely on Him for all things, and renew our relationship with him each and every day. He changes not, but we do. We may think we need something today ( besides food) and we really want it, but if we ask for it always , you know we will change our mind, just like a child does, so are we to Him. We also should have the daily bread of understanding from reading His word, for Man does not live by bread alone, but from everything that comes from the mouth of G-d which means to follow his commandments( deut 8:3) and you most likely thought that Jesus said this first, eh?

U’selach lanu et ashmateinu, ka’asher solechim anachnu la’asher ashemu lanu. 'And forgive us our sins just as ( the same way) we forgive those who have sinned against us' This is very important and I along with many Jews and Messianics just spend many hours in the synagogue this past few days concentrating on this, for Yom Kippur.

On Yom Kippur we say 'Slach lanu, m’chal lanu, kaper lanu' which basically means to wash us clean to sprinkle us with water, then to blot out our sin, erase it, and finally the covering, to make it if not as if it has never happened but covered over for us, which is what Yeshua did with his precious blood.

We are to forgive others the same way we want the Father to forgive us, and he will only forgive us the way we forgive others, so we must be very careful, this really embodies the second greatest commandment, to love your neighbor as yourself. Smiley

Ve’al-tevieinu lidei massah, ki-‘im hatzileinu min-hara. 'Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil' I think this is the least understood part of the whole prayer format. We would think, why would G-d lead us into temptation? But it really doesn't mean that he would tempt us to do evil, but we should rather focus on what Yeshua did, he was lead into the wilderness right after his mikvah, and yes he was temped, and tried, but he did not allow the evil impulse of the flesh which leads to sin to win, instead He used the word of G-d that which we live by daily, and the best reason to know it so ward off the temptations of the evil one. We are asking Father to give us the necessary means ( to call to mind his word) in times of trying so that we may not succumb to the flesh. This flesh or inner impulse will drive us if we allow it , to gratify ourselves, which is a form of idolatry, we see this rampant in todays society, it's all about 'pleasing me' which is the opposite of what we should do in bringing all glory to the Holy one.

Ki lekha ha-mamelakha ve-hagevurah veha-tiferet, le’olemei ‘olamim amein. 'For yours is the power and glory forever amein.' It is all about Him and his glory, for He is G-d the only G-d and all glory should focus on him, forever and ever.

This is a very good site to see the hebrew and get a good Idea what it's about and helps you with the pronounciation.

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Prayers/The_Lord_s_Prayer_1/the_lord_s_prayer_1.html
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 9:28 am

Enjoyed the post.

I see a lot of similarities between the tabernacles and the Lord's Prayer.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Really? I never thought of it that way, but see how it could. Would you like to share what you see? Smile
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 6:59 am

Thanks for that, it was excellent

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
tturt

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 8:45 am

ok, I've been working on a chart (but it's not showing up that way).

Our Father who art in heaven (glorified who He is - Ex 25:8 “And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.” 28:29 “And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually."

Hallowed be Thy name (David's tabernacle was filled with praise and worship - Psa 100:4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name)."

Thy kingdom come (spiritual manifestations: Exo 40;34 “Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.” Exo 29:43 “And there I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory.” Natural kingdom, government - all the instructions).

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven (
Before they served, they surrendered & obeyed to what the Lord had told them to do. Also, they were anointed. -TO the priests: Aaron & his sons were brought to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation & were washed with water and their holy garments were put on them (Exo 29:4-9).

Give us this day our daily bread (
cleansing, washing “Exo 30:17 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Exo 30:18 Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal: and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein. Exo 30:19 For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat: Exo 30:20 When they go into the tabernacle of the congregation, they shall wash with water, that they die not; or when they come near to the altar to minister, to burn offering made by fire unto the LORD: Exo 30:21 So they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not: and it shall be a statute for ever to them, even to him and to his seed throughout their generations.”

and forgive us our trepasses as we forgive those who trepass against us (
1Ch 6:49 “But Aaron and his sons offered upon the altar of the burnt offering, and on the altar of incense, and were appointed for all the work of the place most holy, and to make an atonement for Israel, according to all that Moses the servant of God had commanded.” (Also, Lev 4;35; 5:10).

and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
Guidance - Num 9:15-23 Physically by a cloud
Protection – A -external coverings – skins Ex 26:14 “And thou shalt make a covering for the tent of rams' skins dyed red, and a covering above of badgers' skins. B - The veil Ex 26:33 “And thou shalt hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.”

For thine is the kingdom And the power and the glory
forever.
In the Holy Place & Holy of Holies

blood -
Ex 29:12

fire - but not strange fire
Lev 10:1-3
Shewbread Exo 25:30 “And thou shalt set upon the table shewbread before me alway.” Lev 24:9 And it shall be Aaron's and his sons'; and they shall eat it in the holy place: for it is most holy unto him of the
offerings of the LORD made by fire by a perpetual statute.”

I
ncense – Exo 30:8 “And when Aaron lighteth the lamps at even, he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the LORD throughout your generations.” “1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.” Rev 8:4 “And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.”

Menorah
Lev 24:2 “Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.”

Ark
with Mercy SeatIsa 37:16 “O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that
dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.”

Manna (Deu 8:3 “And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread
only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD
doth man live.”

Rod (Num 17:5 And it shall come to pass, that the
man's rod, whom I shall choose, shall blossom: ...”

Stone Tablets
: Deu 31:5 “And the LORD shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you.”

This could lead to pages of info. I'm sure you would be better at this. But wondering what you think of the basic idea?

Last edited by on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 1:46 am

whilst helping catrin to put some material together for her home group night, where she is talking about the master's prayer, i came across this.... i had never heard of it before

i have shortened it (alot) and altered the line sequence so it fits better with the prayer we know....

18. Father in Heaven
1. Exalted and sanctified is God's great name
3. may He establish His kingdom
2. in the world which He has created according to His will
25. and plentiful nourishment and salvation
31. and healing and redemption and forgiveness and atonement
32.and relief and deliverance

no one ever said that jesus invented a new prayer, his disciples just asked him how, using what model or framework to pray with.

the link to the qaddish is here, just click
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 10:46 am

Hmm, the Kaddish, is an old Aramaic prayer, however, it is a corporate prayer, for the whole synagogue to rise and say together, while what Yeshua taught was a more personal prayer. It may sound similar because of many things in it were already incorporated into prayers of the time.

1. His name is always to be praised and exulted. It happens in all our Brachot. They all start with Baruch atta Adonai, Elohenu Melech ha Olam.

This means Blessed are you , L-RD our G-d, king of the universe.

But just because there are similarities does not mean there is not a great difference, because there is.

In the Kadesh, Which means to sanctify, this has develped to be prayed in times of mourning, that like Job discovered, the L-RD giveth, the L-rD taketh away, ( but always, no matter what) Blessed be the name of the L-RD. So in all times, good and bad we are to bless his Holy name.

The kingdom, and many wrongfully think this was just brought about by Yeshua's teachings, was always a Jewish concept. In fact they were awaiting the Kingdom to come in , and to be freed from suppression, they expected a super Jubilee year, a year where the goyim would finally be put down and Israel would get back her promenance in the world as she had in David and Solomon's time. That is why they wanted to crown Yeshua, why they welcomed him as King. That is why Pilate posted what he did, King of the Jews, because that is what they were all ( mostly all) calling him. If you have a King then the kingdom has come. But they didn't understand, it was not of this world.

Again, the Kaddish, is a corporal prayer and the 'L-RDS prayer is an individual one, even though it can be said corporately it is not for all Israel, or even for all the church.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The L-RD's Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: The L-RD's Prayer   The L-RD's Prayer Empty

Back to top Go down

The L-RD's Prayer
Page 1 of 1