our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

unleavened bread - for swangman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

unleavened bread - for swangman Empty
PostSubject: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 2:04 pm

unleavened bread

when is it (on the calendar)?

what is it's historical basis?

how is it celebrated?

is there any link in the apostolic scriptures to it?

do christians see any relevance to the messiah in it? if so what are the implications?

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 8:11 pm

• God, or an Angel once asked, Is there not anyone worthy to open t/ Lambs Book of Life?
  • This is not THAT extreme but hasn't someone got t/ answers to these questions?

*Glorify your God*
sincerely & for certain,
Brother Jack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 10:25 am

no, none of the angels are worthy to open the books of life.... only our G-d himself.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 3:05 pm

You mean the Lamb of G-d, right steve? Wink

Swangman, I will try to get to your answers, I wasn't sure you were still hanging around here. Smile Good to see you.

Let's start with this one:

Quote :
when is it (on the calendar)?
First we need to define calendar. It is always the same day on the Hebrew/Jewish calendar, the 15th of the first month, call it Aviv, or Nissan, it is the first agricultural or land month. The first day ( the 15th ) is a Holy Shabbat, not a weekly one, but a Holy day one. This week lasts until the 21st of the month.

This year, which is 5768 in the Hebrew calendar or spring 2008 it falls on that calendar on the 19 of April ( after sundown, which is after DST starts). This year it is not near 'Easter' at all, as Easter is the 23rd of March.

This is because this year we have 13 months, two Adars ( the last month in the Jewish calendar). A leap year contains the two Adars. This year is a leap year.

If you would like to know how this relates to the spring equinox, go here

I will try to get to your other questions at a later date.

Shalom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Hello all loyal & dedicated patrons of this site, may G-d grace you w/ all Wisdom & Understanding that will bring Glory to our L-rd & Savior, Yashua!

Thank you, Psalms. It's interesting that you caught what I was saying. My analogy seems a little strong, now that I read it again but as I see, it also inspired another thought from t/ man who created this (what do you call this) topic of interest. Anyway, when I see someone else's name where my name was, I'll know that someone responded & that's when I try to take t/ time to read, understand & respond.

G-d be w/ you, now & forever! Amen

sincerely & for certain,
Bro. Jack

ps - I did want to mention that I thought that very interesting what you said about t/ Calendar. 13 mths. in leap year? why 13? is 1 of them suppose to be offered as a sacrifice? I'm sure others will develop but until then Glorify your G-d!!!

Last edited by swangman on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : read my "ps" at t/ bottom)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Quote :
what is it's historical basis?

Historical basis.

Passover dates back to somewhere between 1500 and 1400 BCE

Continent of Africa

Place : Egypt

It is a milestone event in the nation of Israel. It is about our rescue from slavery and bondage and our betrothal to the one True G-d the G-d of our fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

It was written down by the hand of Moshe ben Amram, the instructions given to him by the L-RD G-d himself. It is all recorded in what is called in English , the book of Exodus.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Quote :
how is it celebrated?

Preparations begin months ahead. It is like the yearly 'Shabbat' As we look forward all week to Shabbat and prepare and do our work around Shabbat and in deference to it, so do we as the beginning of the year approaches.

We start by planning our menus, as for a whole week we can not eat anything containing yeast or leavening. We go through our cupboards and take out the things that contain these ingredients and set them aside, knowing we must consume them before Passover or have to throw them away. We start our cleaning which can go from only a through cleaning to eradicate any last crumb of chometz ( leaven) or it can get as crazy as buying new dishes, kashering all food utensils, pots, etc and painting the house, buying new curtains, etc.

The thing is to thoroughly clean out our households of all chometz, which represents sin.

This is done up to the last minute to make sure that all has been taken out. A special ceremony for the children to teach them is held the night before. And anything left is burnt.

The week starts with the seder, the lamb and unleavened bread are eaten together, even though the Passover date is the 14th it is at the end of the 14th when it is becoming the 15th and unleavened starts, this is the time of the Passover seder.

Many things are taught at the seder about the matzah, or unleavened bread.

This is the same bread we eat all week, along with foods that contain no leavening.
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:54 pm

[quote="Psalms_119:105 wrote"]

Quote :

Passover dates back to somewhere between 1500 and 1400 BCE

But what's t/ Passover got to do w/ t/ Unleavend Bread? Is it connected (I'm sure it has Spiritual connections) but how about how they relate to each other? or were you tryin to answer t/ Passover subject here under t/ Unleavend Bread?

Thanks for being patient to my ignorance. May G-d pour out a Double-Blessing on you that infects(blesses) others!!!

sincerely & for certain,
Bro. Jack

**Glorify your G-D!!!**
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Psalms_119:105,
Your wisdom & your willingness exudes you wonderfully!!!
G-d bless you for submitting to Glorifying G-d!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unleavened bread - for swangman   unleavened bread - for swangman Empty

Back to top Go down

unleavened bread - for swangman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Theology and Beit-Midrash :: Tanakh - Old Testament Writings-
Jump to: