our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Share | 

feast of tabernacles - for swangman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:12 pm

feast of tabernacles - succot

when is it (on the calendar)?

what is it's historical basis?

how is it celebrated?

is there any link in the apostolic scriptures to it?

do christians see any relevance to the messiah in it? if so what are the implications?

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Is this just for swangman to answer or would you like all to participate steve? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:47 am

anyone with something constructive to say
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Arlev

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:21 am

This post has been removed

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:18 am

hi im no expert but we've celebrated tabernacles for the past 2 years. For us its the time when we clebrate christmas ie jesus' real birth. It is based on the time when the Israelites were in the wilderness, and God 'tabernacled' or camped out with them. Its also a time to remember God tabernacling with us in human form as Jesus, and a chance to look forward to him coming again.

We celebrate by building a shelter, and giving gifts (we're working on it been a replacement for Christmas eventually)

Theres some great info on all the biblical feasts on the ownersmanuel.net - holy appointments chapter. Very interesting stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arlev

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:56 pm

This post has been removed

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:46 am

Hi Arlev,

I hope Im not been ignorant but could you explain to me why you celebrate the feasts but dont see sabbath as important?

I wasnt implying that we take Christmas themes and apply them to this feast - simply that for us we are moving to make the Biblical feasts a greater priority than the "Christian" ones. so as Christmas used to be our major celebration in the year, tabernacles will become one of the important ones instead. Moving Christmas forward a few months simply defies the point of not celebrating it Tabernacles is most definitely about the 2nd coming for us. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:41 pm

Wow! I'm goin to have to be reminded why you would ask me a pointed question. I do know that I have no clues about t/ feast of tabernacles, accept from what I've picked up here.

Whatever you choose to Glorify your God w/ will bring Glory to His Name! (as long as it ain't somethin blasphemous!) That's where I'm at.

He wants us to draw as close to Him as we could humanly possibly get w/o falling down dead.(LOL) He doesn't look to see if you've built a tabernacle for Him according to t/ specifications of building tabernacles. My tabernacle is w/in me! Everlasting, Always Abiding as long as I keep myself "pure" for His Presence. And even Christmas Day, December 25th can be a Special Day Honoring Christ, t/ Everliving King. T/ actual date can be in err but t/ Heart of t/ person celebrating t/ Gift of God is as Perfect to God as t/ actual Day, Christ Jesus was Born! Be careful though not to waste precious vows on something like that unless you have t/ discipline to carry them out. You know what He thinks about vows.

So, beware that we not prejudice t/ events that others have honored God in or with. Sure, t/ heathen will always be among us & not appreciate t/ Glory of t/ King - Jesus; but we can!

sincerely & for certain,
Jack Swanger, t/ Swangman!Silly

*Glorify your God*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles - for swangman   

Back to top Go down

feast of tabernacles - for swangman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Theology and Beit-Midrash :: Tanakh - Old Testament Writings-
Jump to: