our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Look out you lot.......I'm back...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

Look out you lot.......I'm back... Empty
PostSubject: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 5:24 am

Ok, ok, so I've been away for awhile....well, I'm back now.....so just get ready for me.....clear the floor...I'm about to start dancin !!

What's happened since I've been away....welllllllllllllllllllll......On October 21st my parents (Ray & Phyll) celebrated 68 years of marriage. Dad (Ray) is 97 and mum is 89. They celebrated quietly, but happily.

Australia is having Federal elections on Nov.24th.

Brian is preparing for a state championship of his international one metre yachts on the weekend of Nov.3rd and 4th.

We're getting excited about our holiday to our eastern states. We leave on Nov.12th and get back on Dec.12th.

My daughter has decided to put her house up for sale, she lives in Tasmania, where we're going to visit her. They're coming home to Western Australia (where we live) They've been gone just over a year, but aren't happy away, so I'll be able to be a real....grannie....again. She has 2 little boys, Nikolas is 3 and Jakob is 2. It may be a few months before they get here, but I'm still looking forward to seeing them settled back here. In the mean time I'm looking forward to seeing them during our holiday.

How am I going so far................ I could write a book !!! :-)

My son who lives in our state of Victoria has passed his pilots licence, and I've told him I'll let him take me up.....ahhhhhh, a tiny 2 seater...Jesus will have to be my parachute if something goes wrong.

Brian is well, I am well, my dogs are well, my rats are well, the fish are well.....ALL is well.

Ok...that's it....like I said...I'm back...

Love to you all,
Vella queen
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 6:02 am

glad your back - but what are one metre yachts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 am

Very Happy Thanks, glad to be back.

International One Metre yachts are a class of radio controlled model yacht. There are several classes of yacht, but the One Metres are the ones we are involved with. They are, as the name suggests, one metre long (just over 3ft) They are the most popular class of model yacht sailed in the world. There are clubs in many countries and competitions range from local, nationaly and international. The latest world competition was won by an Australian, and the competition was held in France.
Brian sails every weekend and is purely....local standard. The yachts can cost anything from a couple of hundred dollars to several thousand, depending on what materials they are made from. Some people use things like carbon fibre....VERY EXPENSIVE...but ordinary little folk like us mostly have boats made from fibre glass. I'd send you a picture....but..lol...I'm not sure how to...lol...I'm not real good with computer stuff. And Brian said there's a couple of web sites....lol...but I'm not sure which one to suggest. If you're really interested, you could just google.....One Metre Model Yachts...and you may come up with something. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try and do something. Anyway, it's great fun....they have proper events, some take it VERY seriously, for others it just a hobby. Some guys make their own, others buy them in kit form. It can be as involved as you want it to be. But it keeps the boys off the streets, out of the pubs, and away from wicked women...lol....

Vella
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 12:37 pm

Boy Vella you sure live one exciting life! My biggest thing of the week is to go to the farm and pick up some veggies! LOL. A month long vacation, I don't think I've ever had that since I was 12 and we traveled from one end of the US to the other and back again.

I hope your vacation is pleasant, will you have internet? If so, make sure to keep us updated! I am glad to hear you will soon be near your grandchildren again, I haven't seen mine for over 4 years Sad.

Glad to have you back!
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 8:22 pm

Psalms_119:105 wrote:
Boy Vella you sure live one exciting life! My biggest thing of the week is to go to the farm and pick up some veggies! LOL. A month long vacation, I don't think I've ever had that since I was 12 and we traveled from one end of the US to the other and back again.

I hope your vacation is pleasant, will you have internet? If so, make sure to keep us updated! I am glad to hear you will soon be near your grandchildren again, I haven't seen mine for over 4 years Sad.

Glad to have you back!

Thanks.... I must admit I am getting quite excited now. As we're retired, time is no restraint on us, and as we'll stay with the kids for a week at a time, we'll just pay them for our food while where there, so that will help with the cost. We have a couple of tours booked for Tasmania. Neither of us have been to Tasmania before, so we're really going to enjoy it. It's not like any other part of Australia, more like England so I'm told.

But....next May...I'm going again !! I won a single return air trip to Adelaide, which is about half way across the country, so I've decided to pay the rest of the fares myself and go to see my son and go down to Tasmania again. At that stage, my daughter my no longer be living in Tasmania, but I want to go anyway, coz they have snow there at that time of the year. Brian is thinking he might come with me too, but just for the last week. In that instance I'll only be gone 2 weeks. I'll leave May 2nd and get back May 16th. It's my sons 35th birthday on May 4th, so I'm going to be with him for that.

I can imagine how you must miss your grandkids. When my youngest left here, he wasn't standing, now he's a little boy of 2 and is a real...little person....the baby is all grown up !!!

Life is a bit exciting at the moment, but we haven't had a holiday together since 1993....so this one has been a long time coming. Normally I wouldn't call our life exciting at all....in fact, I like to keep it as quiet as possible, but this will be SPECIAL.....and NO....no computers while we're away....I just want to veg out and enjoy the scenery and my family. But I'll let you all know when I'm going to be ..... off air !!! We leave November 12th and arrive home December 12th, I'll probably be back on line about Dec. 14th.
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 am

How wonderful for you!
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 am

Glad you are back Vella.cheers

If Tasmania is like Britain, dont forget to pack your brollie, you will need is, cos it rains a lot over here:D

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm

zaksmummy wrote:
Glad you are back Vella.cheers

If Tasmania is like Britain, dont forget to pack your brollie, you will need is, cos it rains a lot over here:D

Catrin xx

Well, they had snow on Christmas Day last year, and for us, that's the middle of summer.....go figure !!! But yes, my daughter has warned us to take warm clothes. I remember when we were in England back in 63, it was July...your summer, and it felt like our winter...or colder.....so we're well prepared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look out you lot.......I'm back...   Look out you lot.......I'm back... Empty

Back to top Go down

Look out you lot.......I'm back...
Page 1 of 1