our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom...... Empty
PostSubject: Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom......   Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom...... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 6:46 am

I was born and raised a Catholic....left them 20 years ago because I couldn't accept their dogmas anymore. But in recent times....6 months or so, I've been thinking of maybe going back to the Catholics. I arranged a meeting with my local priest. We had a very interesting discussion for an hour. He is a lovely young man, comes from the Philllipines, I'd say he'd be 40 yrs old.

Anyway, after listening to him and some prayer I've decided that I don't want to go back to the Catholic church. But I did come away from my meeting with a sense of peace. I used to be very ANTI Catholic, very bitter and hostile, now I don't feel like that anymore. So perhaps what God intended was to heal me of those aggressive thoughts.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Smiles, Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom......   Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom...... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 pm

I am glad you have received closure and healing, I know what you mean. These are things of our past that have strongholds on us that we don't even realize but they color everything we see, do and think.

Praise Him for Healing! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom......   Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom...... EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 10:58 am

Vella wrote:
I was born and raised a Catholic....left them 20 years ago because I couldn't accept their dogmas anymore. But in recent times....6 months or so, I've been thinking of maybe going back to the Catholics. I arranged a meeting with my local priest. We had a very interesting discussion for an hour. He is a lovely young man, comes from the Philllipines, I'd say he'd be 40 yrs old.

Anyway, after listening to him and some prayer I've decided that I don't want to go back to the Catholic church. But I did come away from my meeting with a sense of peace. I used to be very ANTI Catholic, very bitter and hostile, now I don't feel like that anymore. So perhaps what God intended was to heal me of those aggressive thoughts.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Smiles, Vella. queen

I also grew up as a Roman Catholic. I was very active in it until I graduated from high school. Going back has never occurred to me, but then I never became anti-catholic, simply non-catholic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom......   Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cradle Catholic.....now.....Non denom......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Protestant/Charismatic/Evangelical/Non Denom-
Jump to: