our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Share | 

Those cute little creatures called......pigs....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vella

PostSubject: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:07 am

Not sure if this is where I should post this or not...but here goes anyway.

I believe a lot of cultures, muslims as well think pork is unclean and won't eat it. Apparently is says something about it in the Bible....I'll have to take everyones word for that....I'm not that well versed. Anyway, ok, maybe pigs were "bottom feeders" long ago, but surely with modern pig farming these days, they aren't fed swill or any grotty stuff, they are probably fed better food than many humans. Why is it still so bad to eat pork, is it just a cultural thing now ? Personally I love pork, though I'm not real good at cooking it, it tends to go a bit dry for me. But I love bacon and pork sausages and pork roasts...when someone else cooks it.

Vella... queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:19 am

opening a can of worms here with that one...

here is our take on it.

the OT law says pigs are unclean for food and religious purposes (why only God knows).

Noah knew about the clean and unclean food divide before the law came along.

Jesus didn't eat pig, and neither do we now. Catrin will tell you that she feels different for it (good or bad she will tell you), but do not let anyone bully you about clean/unclean foods - everyone has to make up their own mind.

I think (and am sure God agrees) that it is better not to eat them. There is a book called Holy Cow and it looks at the benefits of a Jewish diet (though i haven't read it).

Not eating bacon is a killer, it is so very nice, but we have found that pleasing God through our actions is better. We have also found that you can buy beef sausages. But yeah, nothing beats a bacon sandwich with lots of nice tomato ketchup... slurp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:28 am

cyberlizard wrote:
opening a can of worms here with that one...

here is our take on it.

the OT law says pigs are unclean for food and religious purposes (why only God knows).

Noah knew about the clean and unclean food divide before the law came along.

Jesus didn't eat pig, and neither do we now. Catrin will tell you that she feels different for it (good or bad she will tell you), but do not let anyone bully you about clean/unclean foods - everyone has to make up their own mind.

I think (and am sure God agrees) that it is better not to eat them. There is a book called Holy Cow and it looks at the benefits of a Jewish diet (though i haven't read it).

Not eating bacon is a killer, it is so very nice, but we have found that pleasing God through our actions is better. We have also found that you can buy beef sausages. But yeah, nothing beats a bacon sandwich with lots of nice tomato ketchup... slurp

Well, I didn't try to start anything.....it's just something that I've never really understood. We don't eat pig very often....we like a variety of meat, lamb is actually our favourite, followed by beef, and then fish. We eat meat or fish almost every day....sometimes we'll just have a pasta dish, but only rarely, even with that we'll put some kind of meat with it. To me, food is food, as long as I'm not alergic to it....like oysters...which I love but can't eat.....then I'll probably give anything a go. But then I don't follow customs much at all these days.....

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Vella wrote:
Not sure if this is where I should post this or not...but here goes anyway.

I believe a lot of cultures, muslims as well think pork is unclean and won't eat it. Apparently is says something about it in the Bible....I'll have to take everyones word for that....I'm not that well versed. Anyway, ok, maybe pigs were "bottom feeders" long ago, but surely with modern pig farming these days, they aren't fed swill or any grotty stuff, they are probably fed better food than many humans. Why is it still so bad to eat pork, is it just a cultural thing now ? Personally I love pork, though I'm not real good at cooking it, it tends to go a bit dry for me. But I love bacon and pork sausages and pork roasts...when someone else cooks it.

Vella... queen
You want to be careful about not being careful in cooking it or even trusting in someone else to cook it thoroughly.

Quote :
Arguments have been advanced that there is better sanitation since God made those Old Testament laws, and the pig is now quite fit to be eaten. One is hard put to believe that land or sea animals have become less polluted by the passing of time. Look at how much more we are polluting the environment in which they live. Today there are chemical poisons infecting land, sea, and atmosphere to such an alarming degree that constant government directives are being issued. Environmentalists keep up posted hour by hour on the massive accumulation of deadly pesticides, insecticides, and other contaminations in every order of nature. Our sanitation methods aren't perfect, and that which slips by is dangerous.

Quote :
A single serving of defective pork, even a single mouthful, can kill or cripple or condemn the victim to a lifetime of aches and pains. For this unique disease, trichinosis, there is no cure. With no drugs to stop them, the worms may spread through the entire muscular tissues of the human system.

One of two things then happens, depending on the intensity of the infection. Either death ensues or a successful effort is made by nature to throw an enclosure, or cyst, around each of the teeming parasites, which then become dormant, although they remain alive for years. Don't blame your doctor. All that the best doctor can do as yet is to conserve the patient's strength and try to relive the painful, local symptoms as they appear.

What these symptoms are, the layman had much better not worry about. Trichinosis can simulate to some degree almost any other malady. That pain in your arm or leg may be arthritis or rheumatism or it may be trichinosis. That pain in your back may mean a gall bladder involvement, but it may mean trichinosis.

Dr. Samuel C. Gould, a Washington health official, who has made an extensive study of trichinosis, states that the average American consumer eats at least 200 infested port meals during his lifetime. Just because the meat may be stamped "U.S. Government Inspected and Passed" does not mean it has been tested for trichina infestation. Every bit of pork would have to go under a microscope to make that determination.

Not eating pork has been known for millennia as a peculiarity of the Jews, also called G-ds people whom those who believe in Jesus are as well, because G-d said we weren't to eat of it and He is the one who says its unclean. Islam has adopted this as part of their religion. Christians sadly think that something that G-d made for a particular purpose, that that purpose changed when Jesus came, but the pig is still the same, think about how he allowed 2,000 demons to go into a herd of pigs because this demons are unclean and so are the pigs, still.

Here's a few things I found on the internet that should hopefully persuade you that pigs are still very unclean, it hasn't changed, in fact with the demand for pork , the pigs today are even filthier than they were in Yeshuas' time.

Quote :
I have a Chinese friend who went to visit a pig stye in Malaysia and he did not eat pork for many months because he saw most of the pigs were eating and licking the excretion of the other pigs even when the excretions were about to come out, they started to lick them. He almost vomitted.The animal (pig) is an eater of the highest degree. It is shameless and indecent. They have very high sexual desires most of them are homosexuals too. It is clear now why it is forbidden.

The pig was used to defile G-d's holy temple by a man name Antiochus Epiphanes, a heathen, who knew this was a very unclean animal and also tried to force the Jews to eat pork as well. He also tried to force priests to sacrifice pigs in the temple, a most unholy act. He was a form of AntiChrist. Many Jews have died first before eating swine.

Quote :
The flesh of such an impure animal will have similar impure influence on the body and soul of the eater.It is affirmed that the soul will be affected by the type of food eaten and without doubt, the result of a bad thing like pig will be bad.

The Greek scientists have shown before Islam, that the flesh of this animal reduces modesty in one who eats and promote shameless behavior. Eating its flesh causes distancing oneself from the angels and growing of the character contrary to good manners.

Quote :
The pig is much inclined to impurity especially human excretion, which it relishes. Its flesh, therefore is developed from faeces and eating is like eating one's own excretion.
Eating Pork

Quote :
Concerning the flesh of the pig: consider this: the meat of the pig takes 4 days to digest in the bowel of a human instead of 2 days for 'clean' meats. Bowel cancer has been linked to excessive meat consumption and if the length of time spent in the bowel has anything to do with it then pork is twice as bad as beef.

A little about oysters

Quote :
Most of what we call 'sea food', prawns, crabs, shell fish etc. are filter feeders. What they do is clean up the pollution in the oceans and store it in their bodies. Oysters for instance thrive best downstream from sewerage outlets.
affraid

Quote :
Is it any surprise to us that Satan has created an appetite for the very foods God forbade? And should it be any surprise that epidemic disease has followed in the violation of God's dietary principles? The forbidden swine is a perfect example of how presumptuous appetite has overrules God's sensible restrictions. Unlike some other unclean catagories, we now have the technology to show scientific evidence why pork is totally unfit for food.

Quote :
Pork contains a microscopic worm called trichina, and if it gets into the system, the disease trichinosis results.
Governments warn that there is NO INSPECTION for the parasite.
Reader's Digest stresses THERE IS NO CURE FOR THE DISEASE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Do you get Kelloggs cereals down under? One of the men who started Kelloggs of Battle Creek J.H. Kellogg a doctor, wrote this about swine. He was also a writer, and a preacher and 7th day adventist.

PORK -- OR THE DANGERS OF PORK-EATING EXPOSED

Pork-raising has come to be one of the great industries of this country; and since the supply is wholly regulated by the demand, it may be taken as a proper index of the prodigious quantities of swine’s flesh which are daily required to satisfy the gustatory demands of the American people. No other kind of animal food is so largely used as pork in its various forms of preparation. The Yankee makes his Sunday breakfast of pork and beans, while the same article is a prominent constituent of at least two meals each day during the remainder of the week. Pork and hominy is almost the sole element of the Texan farmer; while in the Western States pork and potatoes constitute the most substantial portion of the farmer’s bill of fare. The accompanying dish may be hominy, beans, or potatoes, but the main reliance is pork in each case.

In the case of no other animal is so large a portion of the dead carcass utilized as food. It seems to be considered that pork is such a delicacy that not a particle should be wasted. The fat and lean portions are eaten fresh, or carefully preserved by salting or smoking, or both. The tail is roasted; the snout, ears, and feet are pickled and eaten as souse; the intestine and lungs are eaten as tripe or made into sausages; black pudding is made of the blood; the liver, spleen, and kidneys are also prized; the pancreas and other glands are considered great delicacies; while even the skin is made into jelly. In fact, nothing is left of the beast, not even the bristles, which the shoemaker claims. Surely it must be quite an important matter, and one well deserving attention, if it can be shown that an animal which is thus literally devoured, and that in such immense quantities, is not only unfit for food, but one of the prime causes of many loathsome and painful maladies. Let us examine the hog a little, and see what can be determined respecting his real nature, and his office in the economy of nature, if he has any.

A Live Hog Examined

Look at that object in a filthy mud hole by the roadside. At first, you distinguish nothing but a pile of black, slimy mud. The dirty mass moves! You think of a reptile, a turtle, some uncouth monster, reveling his Stygian filth. A grunt! The mystery is solved. The sound betrays a hog. You avert your face and hasten by, sickened with disgust. Stop, friend, admire your savory ham, your souse, your tripe, your toothsome sausage in its native element. A dainty beast, isn’t he!pig

Gaze over into that sty, our pork-eating friend. Have you done so before? And would you prefer to be excused? Quite likely; but we will show you a dozen things you did not observe before. See the contented brute quietly reposing in the augmented filth of his own ordure! He seems to feel quite at home, doesn’t he? Look a little sharper, and scrutinize his skin. Is it smooth and healthy? Not exactly so. So obscured is it by tetter, and scurf, and mange, that you almost expect to see the rotten mass drop off as the grunting creature rubs it against any projecting corner which may furnish him a convenient scratching-place. As you glance around the pen, you observe that all such conveniences have been utilized until they are worn so smooth as to be almost inefficient.

Rouse the beast, and make him show his gait. See how he rolls along, a mountain of fat. If he were human, he would be advised to chew tobacco for his obesity, and would be expected to drop off any day of heart disease. And so he will do, unless the butcher forestalls nature by a few days. Indeed, not long ago a stout neighbor of his was quietly taking his breakfast from his trough, grunting his infinite satisfaction, when, without a moment’s warning or a single premonitory symptom, his heart ceased to beat, and he instantly expired without finishing his meal, much to the disappointment of his owner, who was anticipating the pleasure of quietly executing him a few hours later, and serving him up to his pork-loving patrons. Suppose his death had been delayed a few hours, or rather, suppose the butcher had got the start of nature a little, as he generally contrives to do!

But we have not yet finished the examination of our hog. If you can possibly prevail upon yourself to sacrifice your taste in the cause of science, pork-loving friend, just clamber over into the reeking sty, and take a nearer view of the animal that is destined to delight the palates of some of your friends, perhaps your own. Make him straighten out his fore legs. Now observe closely. Do you see the open sore or issue, a few inches above his foot on the inner side? Do you say it is a mere accidental abrasion? Find the same on the other leg; it is rather a wise and wonderful provision of nature. Grasp the leg high up and press downward. Now you see its utility, as a mass of corruption pours out. That opening is the outlet of a sewer. Yes, a scrofulous sewer; and hence the offensive, ichorous matter which discharges from it. Should you fill a syringe with mercury or some colored injecting fluid, and drive the contents into this same opening, you would be able to trace all through the body of the animal little pipes communicating with it.

What must be the condition of the body of an animal so foul as to require a regular system of drainage to convey away its teeming filth? Sometimes the outlet gets closed by the accumulation of external filth. Then the ichorous stream ceases to flow, and the animal quickly sickens and dies unless the owner cleanses the parts, and so opens anew the feculent fountain, and allows the festering poison to escape.

What dainty morsels those same feet and legs make! What a delicate flavor they have, as every epicure asserts! Do you suppose the corruption with which they are saturated has any influence upon their taste and healthfulness?:shocked:

Perhaps you are thoroughly disgusted now, and would like to leave the scene. Pause a moment. Now let us look at the inside of this wonderfully delicious beast!

A Dead Hog Examined

Do you imagine that the repulsiveness of this loathsome creature is only on the outside? That within everything is pure and wholesome? Vain delusion! Sickening, disgusting, as is the exterior, it is, in comparison with what it covers, a fair cloak, hiding a mass of disease and rottenness which grows more superlatively filthy as we penetrate deeper and deeper beneath the skin.

What Is Lard?

Just under the foul and putrid skin we find a mass of fat from two to six inches in thickness, covering a large portion of the body. Now what is this? Lard, says one; animal oil; an excellent thing for consumptives; a very necessary kind of food in cold weather. Lard, animal oil, very truly; and, we will add a synonym for disease, scrofula, torpid liver. Where did all that fat come from, or how happened it to be so heaped up around that poor hog? Surely it is not natural; for fat is only deposited in large quantities for the purpose of keeping the body warm in winter. This fat is much more than is necessary for such a purpose, and is much greater in amount than ever exists upon the animal in a state of nature. It is evidently the result of disease. So gross have been the habits of the animal, so great has been the foulness of its body, that its excretory organs--its liver, lungs, kidneys, skin, and intestines--have been entirely unable to carry away the impurities which the animal has been all its life accumulating. And even the extensive system of sewerage with its constant stream, which we have already described, was insufficient to the task of purging so vile a body of the debris which abounded in every organ and saturated every tissue. Consequently this great flood of disease, which made its way through the veins and arteries into the tissues, and there accumulated as fat! Delectable morsel, a slice of fat pork, isn’t it? Concentrated, consolidated filth!

Then the fatter the hog, the more diseased he is? Certainly. A few years ago, there were on exhibition at the great cattle show in England a couple of hogs which had been stuffed with oil cake until they were the greatest monsters of obesity ever exhibited. Of course they took the first premium; and if a premium had been awarded to the animals which were capable of producing the most disease, it is quite probable that they would have headed the list still.

Lard, then, obtained from the flesh of the hog by heating, is nothing more than extract of a diseased carcass! Who that knows its character would dare to defile himself with this "broth of abominable things?"

Disgusting Developments

Now let us take a little deeper look, prepared to find disease and corruption more abundant the deeper we go. Observe the glands which lie about the neck. Instead of being of their ordinary size, and composed of ordinary gland structure, we find them surrounded by large masses of scrofulous tissue. Perhaps tuberculosis degeneration had already taken place. If so, the soft, cheesy, infectious mass is ready to sow broadcast the seeds of consumption and premature death. For, according to some excellent authorities, tuberculosis disease is capable of communication by means of tubercles. If the animal is of sufficient age, the further process of ulceration will have occurred.

Now take a deeper look still, and examine the lungs of this much-prized animal. If he is more than a few months old, you will be likely to find large numbers of tubercles. If he is much more than a year old, you will be more likely than not to find a portion of the lung completely consolidated. Yet all of this filthy, diseased mass is cooked as a delicious morsel, and served up to satisfy fastidious tastes. If the animal had escaped the butcher’s knife a few years, he would have died of tuberculosis consumption.

But what kind of a liver would you expect such an animal to have? Is not excessive fatness one of the surest evidences of a diseased and inactive liver? —infallible! Then a fat hog must have a dreadfully diseased bile manufactory. Make a cut into its substance. In seventy-five cases out of a hundred you will find it filled with abscesses. In a larger percentage still will be found the same diseased products which seem to infest every organ, every tissue, every structure of the animal. Yet these same rotten, diseased, scrofulous livers are eaten and relished by thousands of people who cannot express their contempt for the Frenchman who eats a horse or the China man who dines upon fricasseed puppy.

Now just glance at the remaining contents of the abdomen. In every part you notice evidences, unmistakable, of scrofula, fatty degeneration, and tuberculosis masses.

Where Scrofula Comes From

The word scrofula is derived from the Latin scrofu, which means a sow. The ancient Romans evidently believed that scrofula originated with the hog, and hence they attached the name of the beast to the disease. Saying that a man has scrofula, then, is equivalent to saying that he has the hog disease. After we have seen that the hog is the very embodiment of scrofulous disease, can any one doubt the accuracy of the conclusion of the Romans who named the disease?

Origin of the Tapeworm

We shall attempt to trace the history of this horrid parasite only so far as concerns its introduction into the human system.

With this end in view, let us glance again at the diseased liver. It will be no uncommon thing if we discover numberless little sacs, or cysts, about the size of a hemp seed. These do not present a very formidable appearance, certainly; but as soon as they are taken into the human stomach, the gastric juice dissolves off the membranous sac, and liberates a minute animal, which had been lurking there for months, perhaps, awaiting this very opportunity. This creature, although very small, is furnished with a head and four suckers, attach themselves firmly to the wall of the intestine, and the parasite begins to grow. In a short time an addition to its body is produced posteriorly, attached like a joint. Soon a duplicate of this appears, and then another, and another, until the body attains a length of several yards. Not infrequently tapeworms measuring thirty to one hundred feet in length are found in the intestines of human beings.

Under some circumstances the eggs of the tapeworm find entrance into the body, when the disease is developed in another form. The embryonic worms consist of a pair of hooklets so shaped that a twisting motion will cause them to penetrate the tissues after the fashion of a corkscrew. Countless numbers of these may be taken into the system, since a single tapeworm has been found to produce more than two million eggs. By the boring motion referred to, which seems to be spontaneous in the young worm, the parasites penetrate into every part of the body. Penetrating the walls of the blood vessels, they are swept along in the life-current, thus finding their way even to the most delicate structures of the human system. They have been found in all the organs of the body, even the brain and the delicate organs of vision not escaping the depredations of this destructive parasite.

When this lively migrating germ gets fully settled in the tissues, it becomes enveloped in a little cell, and remains quiet until taken into the stomach of some other animal, when it is liberated, and speedily develops into a full-grown tapeworm, as already described. But although quiet, the imprisoned parasite is by no means harmless. The cysts formed often attain such a size as to endanger life. When developed in the eye, they occasion blindness; in the lungs or other organs, they interfere with the proper functions of the organs; in the liver, which is the frequent rendezvous of these destructive creatures, a most serious and fatal disease known as hydatids is occasioned by the extraordinary development of the cysts, which are originally not larger than a pea, but by excessive growth assume enormous proportions. The same disease may occur in any other part of the body in which the germs undergo development.

The germs of these dreadful animals are found not only in the liver, but in other organs as well. Pork containing them is said to be "measly." Sometimes the condition is discovered; but that such is not always the case is evidenced by the fact that tapeworm is every year becoming more frequent. It has long been common in Germany. In Iceland it has become extremely common. In Abyssinia the occurrence of the worm has become so frequent, owing to the bad dietetic habits of the people, that it has been said that every Abyssinian has a tapeworm. In this country the parasite is most common among butchers and cooks.

Some time since, we received from a friend in the South a specimen of pork which was so densely peopled with the germs of this dreadful parasite that every cubic inch of flesh contained more than a score of them. The writer has in his microscopical cabinet specimens of the embryonic worms taken from hydatid tumors of the liver of a patient who died of the disease in Bellevue Hospital, New York.

The poor victim who is forced to entertain this unwelcome guest suffers untold agonies, and finally dies, if he cannot succeed in dislodging the parasite.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 pm

The Terrible Trichina

Now, my friend, assist your eyesight by a good microscope, and you will be convinced that you have only just caught a glimpse of the enormous filthiness, the inherent badness, and the intrinsic ugliness of this loathsome animal. Take a thin slice of lean flesh; place it upon the stage of your microscope, adjust the eyepiece, and look. You will see displayed before your eyes hundreds of voracious little animals, each coiled up in its little cell, waiting for an opportunity to escape from its prison walls and begin its destined work of devastation.

An eminent gentleman in Louisville has made very extensive researches upon the subject, and asserts that in at least one hog out of every ten these creatures may be found. A committee appointed by the Chicago Academy of Medicine to investigate this subject reported that they found in their examinations at the various packing-houses in the city, one hog in fifty infested with trichina. Other investigations have shown a still greater frequency of the disease.

A few years ago I obtained a small portion of the flesh of a person who had died from trichina poisoning. Upon subjecting it to a careful microscopical examination with a good instrument, I discovered multitudes of little worms. Each individual presented the appearance shown in the accompanying accurate engraving. The animal is there seen enclosed in a little cyst, or sac, which is dissolved by the gastric juice when taken into the stomach. The parasite, being thus set at liberty, immediately penetrates the thin muscular walls of the stomach, and gradually works its way through the whole muscular system. It possesses the power of propagating its species with wonderful rapidity; and a person once infected is almost certain to die a lingering death of excruciating agony.

In Helmstadt, Prussia, one hundred and three persons were poisoned in this way, and twenty of them died within a month.

It is doubtless not known how many deaths are really due to this cause; for many persons die of strange, unknown diseases, which baffle the doctors’ skill both as to cure and diagnosis. Trichinosis very much resembles various other diseases in some of its stages, and is likely to be attributed to other than its true cause. It is thought by prominent medical men that hundreds of people die of the disease without suspecting its true nature.

Pork Unclean

Have we not seen that a hog is nothing better than an animated mass of physical defilement? Few who have seen the animal will dispute that his filthiness is a most patent fact. How wise and sanitary, then, was the command of God to the ancient Jews: "It is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their dead carcass."

Although it may not be said that this law still exists, and is binding as a moral obligation, it is quite plain that the physical basis upon which the law is founded is as good today as at any previous period. Could it be proved that the hog had kept pace with advancing civilization, and had improved his habits, we might possibly feel more tolerance for him; but he is evidently just as unclean as ever, and just as unfit for food.

Adam Clarke, when once requested to give thanks at a repast of which pork constituted a conspicuous part, used the following words: "Lord, bless this bread, these vegetables, and this fruit; and if thou canst bless under the gospel what thou didst curse under the law, bless this swine’s flesh."

The Mohammedans, as well as the Jews, abstain entirely from the use of pork. Such is also the case with some of the other tribes of Asia and Africa.

Evil Effects of Pork-Eating

At the head of the list we place scrofula. How almost universally it abounds. How few are entirely untainted by it. How do chronic sore eyes, glandular enlargements, obstinate ulcers, disfigured countenances, unsightly eruptions, including the long list of skin diseases, all proclaim the defilement of the blood with this vile humor. So, too, do the vast army of dwarfed, strumose, precocious children tell the same story.

Erysipelas, too, a dreadful scourge, owes more to pork than to any other predisposing cause.

Leprosy, that terrible disease, so common in Eastern countries, and now beginning to show itself upon our own shores, is thought by many to be largely attributable to pork-eating.

"Biliousness," a name which covers nearly every bad condition for which no appropriate name can be found, is notoriously the result of pork-eating. This is the main reason why so many people complain of biliousness in the spring, after gorging themselves with fat pork all winter. The liver is overworked in attempting to remove from the system such a mass of impurity as is received in the eating of pork. It consequently becomes clogged, congested, torpid. Then follow all the ills consequent upon the irritating effects of the accumulation of biliary matters in the blood. The skin becomes tawny and jaundiced. The kidneys are overworked. Perhaps fever results. A partial clearing out then occurs, which enables the individual to pass along for a time again until some epidemic or contagious disease claims him as its lawful victim.

Consumption is another disease which is not easily separable from pork-eating. In fact, scrofula is its great predisposing cause. The narrow chests, projecting shoulders, thin features, and lank limbs of so many young boys and girls are evidence of a consumptive tendency, of which a scrofulous diathesis is the predisposing cause.

Dispepsia, that malady of many forms, frequently results from the use of pork, especially when fat and salted or smoked pork, one of the most indigestible of foods, is used. Pork requires between five and six hours for its digestion, while wholesome food will digest in half that time. This is the reason for the notion that salt pork is an excellent thing to "stick by the rib."

Tapeworm, we have already mentioned as the result of eating measly pork. It is a very difficult disease to cure, and often baffles the best medical skill for many years. Few ever detect the cysts in the flesh of the hog unless their attention has been directed to the matter.

Trichinae produce in man an incurable disease. No remedy can stay the ravages of the parasite. All pork-eaters are in constant danger; for the worm is too small to be seen without the aid of the microscope. However, this disease is not nearly so formidable as the others named; for it is not so common, neither does it entail any weight of suffering upon posterity.

Apologies For Pork-Eating Examined

On every hand we are met by all sorts of excuses for continuing to make swine’s flesh an article of diet in spite of the striking evidences of its dangerous character. Let us examine a few of the most common of these apologies, and test their value.

Pork is Necessary as a Heat-forming Food in Winter — Are there not plenty of more healthful animals than hogs to supply all the animal fat necessary? Certainly there are; and, better still, we have the various grains and farinaceaous vegetables, which are abundantly sufficient to furnish all the heat required by man in any latitude.

Our Fathers and Grandfathers Ate Pork, and yet Lived to very Old Age — Ah! yes, my good friend, and you are suffering the penalty of their transgressions. You may not be aware of it yet; but more than likely your old age will not be so free from ills as was theirs. And quite as probably you may even now see in your children the results of your own, as well as your fathers, disregard of the dictates of sound sense in feasting upon the hog. Their frequent sore eyes, sore mouths, tetter, crysipelas, and other eruptions, are all evidences of the scrofula which they have inherited.

Neither can you urge the plea, "Pork does not hurt me." No man ever became a drunkard who did not make the same excuse for liquor. You may not feel it now; but the future will expose your delusion.

The Hog is Cleanly if You Give Him a Chance to Be so — It is surprising to us that any one who knows anything of the real nature of a hog can make such an assertion. Who has not seen hogs wallowing in the foulest mire right in the middle of a green, fragrant clover pasture? The dirty creature will turn away from the nicest bed of straw to revel in a stagnant, seething mud hole. If one of his companions dies in the lot or pen, he will wait until putrefaction occurs, and then greedily devour the stinking carcass. The filthy brute will even devour his own excrement, and that when not unusually pressed by hunger.

The hog is by nature a scavenger, and is especially adapted for that purpose. Let him pursue his natural hunger.

Sufficient Heat Will Kill the Trichinae and Incipient Tapeworms — Surely, dead worms cannot kill any one; but it must be delightful for the pork-eater to contemplate his ham or sausage with the reflection that he is partaking of a diet of worms. The Frenchman sometimes eats earthworms; the African relishes lizards; and one philosopher so far overcame his natural prejudices as to eat spiders. "How disgusting!" you say, and you shut your eyes and swallow a million monsters at a meal, because they are cooked and so cannot bite. The louse-eating Patagonian cannot equal that. But it should be remembered that in order that the parasite should be killed, every part of the meat must be subjected to a heat of at least 2l2° which is quite difficult to do, and is seldom accomplished. A whole family was poisoned by eating pork-chops, which were well cooked upon the outside.

What Shall We Do With the Hog?

Stop raising him. Turn him loose. He will soon find his place, like the five thousand which ran down into the sea in the days of Christ. If he must be raised, use him for illuminating our halls and houses. Lubricate our car and wagon with his abundant fat. Do anything with him but eat him. It would be dangerous to adopt the principle that we must devour everything which is in the way, or which cannot be otherwise utilized. Adam Clarke thought of one appropriate use to make of the hog. He said that if he was going to make an offering to the devil, he would employ a hog stuffed with tobacco.

Reader, what will you do? Can you continue to use as food such an abominable article as pork, and in so doing run so many risks as you must do? And if you decide that the animal is unfit to claim a place upon your own table, can you conscientiously raise and sell him to your neighbors’ injury?

Cases of Trichina Poisoning

The reported cases of death from this terrible cause have become so frequent that we are no longer startled by them. Ten years ago the description of the death of a person literally infested with worms, and tortured to death by their inroads upon the system, would have excited feelings of the deepest horror; but these accounts have now become so common that little interest is shown in them, and death from this cause is one of the regular causes of additions to the mortuary list. Nevertheless, the disease is divested of none of its real horrors by its common occurrence. No one is safe; any one who uses swine’s flesh as food in any form is liable to the disease. Salting, smoking, and the other ordinary means of curing pork do not destroy the parasite.

A few years ago, Dr. Germer, health officer of Erie, Pa., was sent for in haste to see a patient who was supposed to be suffering from the cholera. He hastened to the bedside, and found a whole family sick with the symptoms much resembling those of cholera, though the season was then midwinter. Suspecting the possible cause, he secured a specimen from the pork barrel, and hastened to his office. Upon making a careful microscopic examination, he found myriads of the loathsome parasites in every part of the flesh examined. The writer prepared numerous microscopic specimens of the worm in various aspects from a portion of the infected meat kindly furnished by the doctor. These have been shown to hundreds of persons who were skeptical respecting the existence of such a pest.

In this case the hog had been fattened on the premises, having been purchased when quite young by the owner, a German, from a drove of hogs which passed through the city. It was known that, previous to the purchase of the hog, two of the drove had died on the road, and had been devoured by their scavenger companions. No doubt the deaths were the result of trichinosis; and by devouring the victims the whole herd became infected. It would be difficult to estimate what an amount of suffering and death was entailed by the consumption of this great herd of trichinous hogs. Several members of the German family died, together with several of the neighbors. Those who survived the acute stages of the disease escaped only to linger out a painful existence in the chronic and incurable state of the malady.

Some three years later the writer received a specimen of pork from a gentleman in Wisconsin who requested an examination of the same, stating that he procured it from the pork barrel of a neighbor whose family were suffering from a disease which the doctors called cholera infantum. Several of the children had died, and other members of the family were still dangerously ill. The pork had been suspected and examined, but no trichinae were found by the observers, though several physicians had inspected it. Upon making a careful microscopical inspection of the specimen, it was found to be alive with young trichinae. affraid
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 pm

Pig and Pork Facts

The pig or swine is a very popular food item with most Christians. Yet Christians are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine's flesh. The condemnation was based on some very sound biological principles. Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat: A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

Finnish reading here, if you can. this site

The commandment that G-d gave to not eat swine he also said not to touch it, it's carcass contains so many diseases that you could get it just touching it, let alone eating it.
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:07 am

Psalms_119:105 wrote:
Pig and Pork Facts

The pig or swine is a very popular food item with most Christians. Yet Christians are unaware that the God they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine's flesh. The condemnation was based on some very sound biological principles. Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat: A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

Finnish reading here, if you can. this site

The commandment that G-d gave to not eat swine he also said not to touch it, it's carcass contains so many diseases that you could get it just touching it, let alone eating it.

Well, thank you for going into such detail about why one shouldn't touch or eat pork. Here in Australia, lamb is the most popular meat, I don't know where pork rates.
Regards,
Vella queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:21 am

what! Bacon sandwiches covered in ketchup... mmmmmm

i do not get on with lamb very much, not an allergy or anything like that. I just find it either a little tasteless or do not like having to cut around bones.

give me beef any day of the week... well not everyday as i like salmon very much.

Steve

told you porks a hot issue (particularly if dressed in chilli sauce)!
Back to top Go down
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:34 am

Hi Vella,

Great question about pork.

We stopped eating pork about a year ago I guess. We were just tucking into a family favourite of bangers and mash when my husband said, "I dont think I want to eat pork anymore"

So anyway it seems God had been poking him for a long time about it, so we decided to stop eating it and see what happened. We did a lot of reading, checked out some grim videos on u-tube of worms crawling out of pork when you pour coke on it!, read some health articles and some religious views on pork, and prayed a lot and it seemed very right that we went kosher.

Anyway within a couple of days of deciding, Rob grew a massive heart for people and started to really love people he previously had little time for. It was totally amazing. We assumed that we would only benefit health wise from not eating it, but actually its made a massive impact spiritually aswell.

Obviously we all have to make a personal decision on what we eat, and we certainly dont judge people that are happy to keep eating whatever. But there is something amazing in doing what God commands. For us going kosher has been a total blessing. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:54 am

Juski wrote:
Hi Vella,

Great question about pork.

We stopped eating pork about a year ago I guess. We were just tucking into a family favourite of bangers and mash when my husband said, "I dont think I want to eat pork anymore"

So anyway it seems God had been poking him for a long time about it, so we decided to stop eating it and see what happened. We did a lot of reading, checked out some grim videos on u-tube of worms crawling out of pork when you pour coke on it!, read some health articles and some religious views on pork, and prayed a lot and it seemed very right that we went kosher.

Anyway within a couple of days of deciding, Rob grew a massive heart for people and started to really love people he previously had little time for. It was totally amazing. We assumed that we would only benefit health wise from not eating it, but actually its made a massive impact spiritually aswell.

Obviously we all have to make a personal decision on what we eat, and we certainly dont judge people that are happy to keep eating whatever. But there is something amazing in doing what God commands. For us going kosher has been a total blessing. Smile

Well that's really amazing what has happened to you and your family. I'm glad you see such positive benefits from not eating it.

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:58 am

cyberlizard wrote:

i do not get on with lamb very much, not an allergy or anything like that. I just find it either a little tasteless or do not like having to cut around bones.

give me beef any day of the week... well not everyday as i like salmon very much.

Steve

told you porks a hot issue (particularly if dressed in chilli sauce)!

I had NO IDEA it was such a hot topic.....I was never told anything about not eating pork when I grew up.....can't remember what meat we ate when I was a kid. Just know mum did her best for us with the money they had, we probably ate the cheapest meat available....beef probably, it was always about the cheapest I think. I never really took much notice, I just loved everything my mum cooked whatever it was.

Are you also saying that you don't eat....fish ? I'm allergic to oysters, so can't eat them. My favourite fish is called New Zealand Orange Roughy, it's $29 per kilo.....VERY EXPENSIVE, but we only buy about 2 pieces every couple of weeks, works out at about $3 each piece....and it just melts in your mouth..... if we had a family we couldn't afford it.

Smiles to all....Vella queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:16 pm

I love lamb, I just found a Kosher organic source for it and am tickled pink!

Sorry for the long articles Vella, there is much more available out on the net if one wants to look. I tell you just reading through that and posting it made me ill and I don't even eat it! affraid

I remember watching a show called something like Mystery Diagnose, where they have mysterious diseases and try to find a cure. There was this strict Orthodox Jewish family whose son had what the doctors claimed was a brain tumor. After many tests though, they realized it was one of these tapeworm that had migrated to his brain.

Quote :
A classic case in medical literature was published in 1992 in the scientific magazine The New England Journal of Medicine, in which four orthodox Jews from the same New York family received the diagnosis of neurocysticercosis. For religious reasons they had never eaten pork. And, in the United States the illness was considered to have been eradicated. Research, headed by the parasitologist Peter Schantz, from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of Atlanta, linked to the American government, investigated all the people surrounding the victims and unmasked the mystery. A cook, a recently arrived immigrant from Mexico, suffered from taeniasis and had precarious hygiene habits. She was responsible for contaminating the family for whom she had been working.

So you have to be careful who even cooks and handles your food, esspecialy uncooked things like salads. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:48 pm

I love lamb, I just found a Kosher organic source for it and am tickled pink!

Sorry for the long articles Vella, there is much more available out on the net if one wants to look. I tell you just reading through that and posting it made me ill and I don't even eat it! affraid

I remember watching a show called something like Mystery Diagnose, where they have mysterious diseases and try to find a cure. There was this strict Orthodox Jewish family whose son had what the doctors claimed was a brain tumor. After many tests though, they realized it was one of these tapeworm that had migrated to his brain.

Quote :
A classic case in medical literature was published in 1992 in the scientific magazine The New England Journal of Medicine, in which four orthodox Jews from the same New York family received the diagnosis of neurocysticercosis. For religious reasons they had never eaten pork. And, in the United States the illness was considered to have been eradicated. Research, headed by the parasitologist Peter Schantz, from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of Atlanta, linked to the American government, investigated all the people surrounding the victims and unmasked the mystery. A cook, a recently arrived immigrant from Mexico, suffered from taeniasis and had precarious hygiene habits. She was responsible for contaminating the family for whom she had been working.

So you have to be careful who even cooks and handles your food, esspecialy uncooked things like salads. Neutral

I most certainly agree that we have to be careful about who handles our food and that we wash our hands before and after touching food of any kind and even when we go into public places and touch doors and public seats etc. Some while ago I was in a supermarket car park and there was a man collecting trolleys to take back inito the shops. He had a great line of them, he suddenly sneezed all over them....I felt sick. I have no idea what germs he spread, but it was pretty gross. I don't know about America, but here people in business who handle foods must wear plastic gloves. There are often tests done by health authorities checking the temperature of restaurant and cafe foods which are served to the public. Kitchens of restaurants are checked and some, I'm sad to say, are often quite disgusting in their food handling practices, even high class places. Cows have been known to be fed meat extracts to make them grow faster, I know chicken has to be cooked thoroughly or it's very easy to get food poisoning, and of course that applies to any meat. Just yesterday I saw a report, and I think it happened somewhere in Australia, that a consumer found pieces of "rubber" in their sausages.....I don't think we know what we're eating half the time. All the stuffings, and coatings that are put on prepared foods...... Even things that aren't food. Recently I heard that some perfumes have "goats pee" in them....gee, I'm glad I don't have much of a sense of smell and never use perfume.

By the way, I've heard of "kosher" food before, but don't know what it means....can you explain ???

Have a nice weekend,

Vella queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:17 pm

Vella wrote:

I most certainly agree that we have to be careful about who handles our food and that we wash our hands before and after touching food of any kind and even when we go into public places and touch doors and public seats etc. Some while ago I was in a supermarket car park and there was a man collecting trolleys to take back inito the shops. He had a great line of them, he suddenly sneezed all over them....I felt sick. I have no idea what germs he spread, but it was pretty gross. I don't know about America, but here people in business who handle foods must wear plastic gloves. There are often tests done by health authorities checking the temperature of restaurant and cafe foods which are served to the public. Kitchens of restaurants are checked and some, I'm sad to say, are often quite disgusting in their food handling practices, even high class places. Cows have been known to be fed meat extracts to make them grow faster, I know chicken has to be cooked thoroughly or it's very easy to get food poisoning, and of course that applies to any meat. Just yesterday I saw a report, and I think it happened somewhere in Australia, that a consumer found pieces of "rubber" in their sausages.....I don't think we know what we're eating half the time. All the stuffings, and coatings that are put on prepared foods...... Even things that aren't food. Recently I heard that some perfumes have "goats pee" in them....gee, I'm glad I don't have much of a sense of smell and never use perfume.

By the way, I've heard of "kosher" food before, but don't know what it means....can you explain ???

Have a nice weekend,

Vella queen
The supermarkets we frequent here have sanitary wipes located by the carts so you can sanitize your cart, who knows what raw foods were in there, or what child pooped his pants in the seat you put your purse in? :affraid:I take my can of lysol with me and spray down the whole thing. I also use a antiseptic wipe on all groceries once home just in case. I have an autoimmune disease so must be extra careful.

Yes, they wear gloves here in some establishments, but not all, but what's to stop them from rubbing their noses with the gloves on? silent

Our cows are fed hormones, and antibiotics, that is why I try to get meat free of that, and if I can find kosher, organic also, but the way things are going I may soon be a vegetarian. lol!

I am very particular about what I buy, it's mostly staple stuff, I get my veggies from a farm I know intimately, and I make all our side dishes, because of my disease, also breads, pizzas, but I still use some sauces, ketchup, salad dressings, so need to be careful.

yes, many perfumes/colognes contain musk from animals, I personally hate the smell, it comes from the rear end of the male deer I think. this may make you go organic in perfume too ( I also use organic toothpaste and deodorant)

Quote :
The Health Risks of Twenty Most Common Chemicals Found in Thirty-One Fragrance Products
BENZALDEHYDE 'irritation to the mouth, throat, eyes, skin, lungs, and GI tract, causing nausea and abdominal pain.' 'May cause kidney damage.'
BENZYL ACETATE 'From vapors: irritating to eyes and respiratory passages, exciting cough.' 'In mice: hyperanemia of the lungs.' 'Can be absorbed through the skin causing systemic effects.'
BENZYL ALCOHOL 'irritating to the upper respiratory tract' ...'headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, CNS depression, and death in severe cases due to respiratory failure.'
CAMPHOR 'local irritant and CNS stimulant' ...'readily absorbed through body tissues' ...'irritation of eyes, nose and throat' ...'dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles and convulsions' 'Avoid inhalation of vapors.'
ETHANOL {'...fatigue;} irritating to eyes and upper respiratory tract even in low concentrations...' 'Inhalation of ethanol vapors can have effects similar to those characteristic of ingestion. These include an initial stimulatory effect followed by drowsiness, impaired vision, ataxia, stupor...' Causes CNS disorder.
ETHYL ACETATE Narcotic. '...irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract' ...'may cause headache and narcosis (stupor)' ...'defatting effect on skin and may cause drying and cracking' ...'may cause anemia with leukocytosis and damage to liver and kidneys' 'Wash thoroughly after handling.'
LIMONENE Carcinogenic. 'Prevent its contact with skin or eyes because it is an irritant and sensitizer.' 'Always wash thoroughly after using this material and before eating, drinking, ...applying cosmetics. Do not inhale limonene vapor.'
LINALOOL Narcotic. ...'respiratory dis

About Kosher, I'll make a thread in the Messianic forum for you and leave the link back here, ok? Smile

You have a great weekend too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Hello

I dont eat fish but only because it makes me vomit!! No shell fish or other wierdy sea creatures are kosher - Leviticus 11 gives a pretty straight forward guide to good eating.

Like you vella, i grew up being told all food was eatable and as Christians it doesnt matter what we eat - it was only when I started exploring my faith deeper that I came to see what we eat as important to yahweh.

In the uk all meat is actually kosher - if you take it as simply having all the blood drained - it has to be to pass food standards. I'm not sure about the rest of the world. Jews take kosher eating a whole lot more seriously - and would only buy from jewish shops - they have pretty strict rules about what they use. you probably know they have separate kitchen areas for preparing food, and dont mix certain foods on their plate. Someone else could probably explain that more than me. As far as I am concerned I will prepare and eat all food together.

I don't eat unclean foods - which basicaly means no pork and seafood- we dont have much of a market for camels, rock badgers and the like round here and I have no plans on eating lions anytime soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:35 pm

Lions are unclean, camels are clean, Wink

Interesting thing about a camel, while it is considered a clean animal, you can find no kosher slaughtered camel on earth because the schekitim can't agree on how to slaughter it.

Kosher is more than just blood drained, it has to be slaughtered in the most humane way with a proper butcher, then the internal organs have to be examined for legions, and there are certain parts not eaten, even though it comes from a kosher animal.
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:13 pm

Juski wrote:
Hello

I dont eat fish but only because it makes me vomit!! No shell fish or other wierdy sea creatures are kosher - Leviticus 11 gives a pretty straight forward guide to good eating.

Like you vella, i grew up being told all food was eatable and as Christians it doesnt matter what we eat - it was only when I started exploring my faith deeper that I came to see what we eat as important to yahweh.

In the uk all meat is actually kosher - if you take it as simply having all the blood drained - it has to be to pass food standards. I'm not sure about the rest of the world. Jews take kosher eating a whole lot more seriously - and would only buy from jewish shops - they have pretty strict rules about what they use. you probably know they have separate kitchen areas for preparing food, and dont mix certain foods on their plate. Someone else could probably explain that more than me. As far as I am concerned I will prepare and eat all food together.

I don't eat unclean foods - which basicaly means no pork and seafood- we dont have much of a market for camels, rock badgers and the like round here and I have no plans on eating lions anytime soon!

No, I didn't know that different foods were prepared in different places in the house or that some foods are not served on the same plate as others. I've seen some cookery shows where they say that certain meats shouldn't be cut on the same chopping board to stop cross contamination, but I don't think they were saying that for any religious significance.

But don't these eating rules just apply to Jews. Even the apostles were Jews so it applied to them. I'm not a Jew, so why should it apply to me.

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:29 pm

hi vella

yep I agree -the food preparation rules are irrelevant for Christians.

But I would say God is concerned about what we eat and He tells us quite clearly what is suitable to eat in the Bible. Its not a matter of rules or legalism, I see it more as a healthy eating guide. He created us, He knows whats best for us to eat. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:31 pm

Juski wrote:
hi vella

yep I agree -the food preparation rules are irrelevant for Christians.

But I would say God is concerned about what we eat and He tells us quite clearly what is suitable to eat in the Bible. Its not a matter of rules or legalism, I see it more as a healthy eating guide. He created us, He knows whats best for us to eat. Smile

Yeah fair enough, I can accept that.

May I ask you a question....are you Jewish ?

Smiles, Vella.queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Vella wrote:
Juski wrote:
Hello

No, I didn't know that different foods were prepared in different places in the house or that some foods are not served on the same plate as others. I've seen some cookery shows where they say that certain meats shouldn't be cut on the same chopping board to stop cross contamination, but I don't think they were saying that for any religious significance.

But don't these eating rules just apply to Jews. Even the apostles were Jews so it applied to them. I'm not a Jew, so why should it apply to me.

Vella. queen
They aren't, there are rules regarding the mixing of meat and dairy which I will go into detail in the Kosher thread about. Juski is not Jewish and really shouldn't speak about something she really doesn't know about. Only religious Jews eat kosher, there are probably is 1 in 50 Jews if that many, that eat according to the instructions on what to eat given by G-d in the bible.

One way to think about this, even if you are a gentile, your bridegroom is Jewish, and also was the one who gave instructions to his only people at the time on how to live holy. What you eat is part of that. You can choose to live holy or not, it is not required of you meaning you are sinning because you don't want to keep Kosher, but it would be much better on your body, soul and spirit and also please your husband whose Spirit dwells within you.

For don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?

Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:59 pm

I guess I've always believed that everything that G-d created was good....and every creature great and small has it's place in life, or G-d wouldn't have created it. I love all creatures, spiders, snakes, as you probably know, I have pet rats, I never kill anything in my home, except say, flies and mosquitoes, otherwise I "relocate" them ...outside....!!! So to say that there are sort of "evil" creatures in the world upsets me, and I find it hard to believe why G-d would create bad things. Didn't he tell us in the first book of the OT that he made all creatures to be used by man.....sorry can't quote scripture !!!

Vella.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:00 am

Pigs - God created pigs and He saw that they were good. In creating pigs he created them perfect but He also created them with a two-fold purpose in life.

In saying they are unclean, we do not imply that they are of less worth than clean animals because they are not (God made them). They are just intended for different things. They are ritually unclean for temple use, and dietarily (if that is a real word) unclean, not meant to be eaten (at least from Gods perspective).

So when you in the petting zoo with the grandchildren, feel free to give them some grain, pat them on the head, just do not let them bite you as it will hurt!

Steve
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:46 am

cyberlizard wrote:
Pigs - God created pigs and He saw that they were good. In creating pigs he created them perfect but He also created them with a two-fold purpose in life.

In saying they are unclean, we do not imply that they are of less worth than clean animals because they are not (God made them). They are just intended for different things. They are ritually unclean for temple use, and dietarily (if that is a real word) unclean, not meant to be eaten (at least from Gods perspective).

So when you in the petting zoo with the grandchildren, feel free to give them some grain, pat them on the head, just do not let them bite you as it will hurt!

Steve

From my experience in life......humans hurt much more than animals do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:24 pm

cyberlizard wrote:

Steve
Yes, Steve, good for what he made them for, not to be meat but to be part of the garbage cleaners of the earth. Before the flood they, like any of the other animals only ate vegetation. But after, things changed. At that point though, the L-RD had already distinguished them as unclean, along with many other animals. Noah knew this and so did his sons. So ever since man was allowed to eat animals it has been known that swine are unclean, and man was given the choice to choose, clean or unclean and that goes for everything.

Just remember we are not the ones to declare them unclean, their Creator did, and he knows best.

Actually I used to think that pigs were cute too, until I began to plumb the depths of their uncleaness. As Jews we are commanded to not even touch their carcass, so even when dead they are harmful!

Did you know you can get ringworm from wearing pigskin? Wink
Back to top Go down
Neriah

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:53 pm

Suspect
cyberlizard wrote:
Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:56 pm

they were lovely, tasted smashing... note the word 'they were' as we no longer eat pig
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 am

HI Neriah! Smile
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:11 pm

cyberlizard wrote:
they were lovely, tasted smashing... note the word 'they were' as we no longer eat pig

Yesterday we had a turkey and ham roll for lunch....must admit, I felt a bit awful....but I didn't like the other choices...I guess I could have asked for double turkey.....gee, you guys are really getting to me....but I must admit...it WAS yummy...

Embarassed Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am

I heard or read somewhere that the swine most resembles the human flesh.

It seems the Japanese have invented a robot for gastronomical testing. He has been programmed to distinguish wines, cheeses, hor d'oeuvre and the like and other foods. When unveiled a reporter stuck his hand in the 'mouth' where the taste is distinguished he was deemed to be 'Bacon', another tried and was labeled 'prosciutto ( Italian ham like bacon)
Back to top Go down
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:53 am

I heard or read somewhere that the swine most resembles the human flesh.

It seems the Japanese have invented a robot for gastronomical testing. He has been programmed to distinguish wines, cheeses, hor d'oeuvre and the like and other foods. When unveiled a reporter stuck his hand in the 'mouth' where the taste is distinguished he was deemed to be 'Bacon', another tried and was labeled 'prosciutto ( Italian ham like bacon)

I've actually heard.....and I don't know how true it is....that some pig organs would be almost as good a match as human transplant organs. Though personally I'm not into human organ transplants anyway.....

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Yes, it's true, seems that pig skin is very akin to human skin in some ways. Makes you think, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those cute little creatures called......pigs....   

Back to top Go down

Those cute little creatures called......pigs....
Page 1 of 1