our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... Empty
PostSubject: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 8:22 pm

An email was sent to me yesterday, and in light of the recent discussions we've been having here about PIGS lately, I thought I might type this email out and hopefully, you'll enjoy it as I did.........here goes....

Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert, wandering amimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the enevitable, when all of a sudden....."Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon I is sure of eet"

"Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee."

So, with renewed strength, they struggle up the next sand duene, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon.
There's raw bacon, dripping with moisture, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon,...every imaginable kind of of cured pig meat.

"Pepe, Pete, we is saved. "Eees a bacon tree"

"Luid, are you sure ees not a meerage? We ees in the desert don't forget"

"Pepe when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smeell like bacon...ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree"

And with that....Luis races towards the tree. He gets to within 5 metres, Pepe following closely behind, when all of a sudden, a machine gun opens up, and Luis is cut down in his tracks. It is clear he is mortally wounded but, true friend that he is, he manages to warn Peper with his dying breath......

"Pepe....go back man, you was right ees not a bacon tree"

"Luis, Luis mi amigo....what ees it?

Eesa

Eesa

Eees a Ham Bush !!

Well, I thought it was funny..lol!

After that, do you still love me...Vella. queen flower
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 4:43 am

that is very funny.... i have sent it to almost 3/4 of the people in my address book.

Steve

(p.s. for Vella - I have started new tablet Gabapentin and it appears to be helping, i am on my second day now, and go up to three tabs a day tomorrow - I am a happy bunny)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 11:24 am

Like him or not, he is still our President for the next few months and we are told that no one rises to prominence without G-d behind it. It is for a reason, we may not like it but it is more that we don't understand, but still we are to pray for them.

But you aren't Americans so I guess you would find it funny. Frankly I didn't realize our policy with Mexico is like that?
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 3:19 pm

Psalms, its just a joke, nothing to do with President Bush, read it again and enjoy.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Psalms_119:105 wrote:
Like him or not, he is still our President for the next few months and we are told that no one rises to prominence without G-d behind it. It is for a reason, we may not like it but it is more that we don't understand, but still we are to pray for them.

But you aren't Americans so I guess you would find it funny. Frankly I didn't realize our policy with Mexico is like that?

Ummmm, this joke has nothing to do with American politics...it's just a play on words....ham bush = ambush !!! Oh I see now, you think the word "bush" referred to your president.....um, Australians aren't really concerned with your president....we have our own politics to worry about, which to us is more important than yours. We have a big country Federal election to elect a new Prime Minister in 3 weeks. To us, our Prime Minister is as important as your President. The word "bush" as in politics didn't even enter my head..... With all due respect....the rest of the world doesn't necessarily have a mind set that revolves around American politics, we have enough of our own local issues to keep us busy. I couldn't care less about American politics, sport, tv or anything else....And I don't know the first thing about Mexico either......anyway, it was just a simple joke...that went a bit flat....not to worry !!!

Smiles, Vella queen
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 8:22 pm

cyberlizard wrote:
that is very funny.... i have sent it to almost 3/4 of the people in my address book.

Steve

(p.s. for Vella - I have started new tablet Gabapentin and it appears to be helping, i am on my second day now, and go up to three tabs a day tomorrow - I am a happy bunny)

Hey this ..... Gabapentin....what is it for exactly....can I have some ?? geek
I've had an incredible headache for over a week so went to the doctor. It was all down the left side of my skull.
He did some special blood test thinking it might be an enlarged vein in my temple which could have caused blindness in my left eye. That turned out ok, so I had a brain scan.....yep..I've got one !! Razz but thankfully that was clear as well. So then he gave me some "naprosyn" which is an anti inflamatory apparently, and bingo...problems almost completely solved. I think the headache was .... surprise, surprise.....stress !! Never had a headache last over a week before, most unpleasant. Anyway, glad you're feeling better.

Smiles, Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 8:28 am

zaksmummy wrote:
Psalms, its just a joke, nothing to do with President Bush, read it again and enjoy.

Catrin xx

I saw it was a joke, I guess I misinterpreted it as an American who lives on the border of Mexico. There have been many a political joke about Prez Bush and Mexico since he came into office since 9-11 and our problem with border patrol to keep us safe from terrorists. Wink
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 am

Vella wrote:

Ummmm, this joke has nothing to do with American politics...it's just a play on words....ham bush = ambush !!! Oh I see now, you think the word "bush" referred to your president.....um, Australians aren't really concerned with your president....we have our own politics to worry about, which to us is more important than yours. We have a big country Federal election to elect a new Prime Minister in 3 weeks. To us, our Prime Minister is as important as your President. The word "bush" as in politics didn't even enter my head..... With all due respect....the rest of the world doesn't necessarily have a mind set that revolves around American politics, we have enough of our own local issues to keep us busy. I couldn't care less about American politics, sport, tv or anything else....And I don't know the first thing about Mexico either......anyway, it was just a simple joke...that went a bit flat....not to worry !!!

Smiles, Vella queen
Yes, because of the reason I gave to Catlin, you also must be unaware of our policy regarding Mexicans crossing over our border and the patrols that were put into place, including these American patrols ( put into place by Bush) shooting Mexicans that were trying to cross over.

The joke, was about Mexicans, who share out border, You may not know much about them, but that was the main focus of the joke. Wink

This all came about after 9/11 when we realized that we weren't really protecting ourselves very well from infiltration from both Canada and Mexico, how terrorists were coming in here through these borders, illegally.

I guess that is very foreign to those who live in relative isolation from sharing borders with others, like Australia and the UK. Smile

I wasn't taking what you said before in the joke as an offense but I have to say this is rather snitty to me, since you posted this on a world wide board.

Quote :
Australians aren't really concerned with your president....we have our own politics to worry about, which to us is more important than yours. We have a big country Federal election to elect a new Prime Minister in 3 weeks. To us, our Prime Minister is as important as your President. The word "bush" as in politics didn't even enter my head..... With all due respect....the rest of the world doesn't necessarily have a mind set that revolves around American politics, we have enough of our own local issues to keep us busy. I couldn't care less about American politics, sport, tv or anything else....And I don't know the first thing about Mexico either.
I'm an American and could take that last sentance personally , but I won't.

BTW, we too have a very important election on the way, it's called the Presidential election, and like it or not, follow it or not, the politics of the US do effects other countries around the world, big time.

Oh, and our current Prez, Bush, used to be the Governor of the state of Texas which is the biggest border of Mexico than any other.
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 3:01 pm

It is a Central Nervous System interferer. It alters the way my brain deals with signals from my nerves and should reduce the pain from my damaged neck. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 6:22 pm

Vella wrote:

Smiles, Vella queen
Yes, because of the reason I gave to Catlin, you also must be unaware of our policy regarding Mexicans crossing over our border and the patrols that were put into place, including these American patrols ( put into place by Bush) shooting Mexicans that were trying to cross over.

The joke, was about Mexicans, who share out border, You may not know much about them, but that was the main focus of the joke. Wink

This all came about after 9/11 when we realized that we weren't really protecting ourselves very well from infiltration from both Canada and Mexico, how terrorists were coming in here through these borders, illegally.

I guess that is very foreign to those who live in relative isolation from sharing borders with others, like Australia and the UK. Smile

I wasn't taking what you said before in the joke as an offense but I have to say this is rather snitty to me, since you posted this on a world wide board.

Quote :
Australians aren't really concerned with your president....we have our own politics to worry about, which to us is more important than yours. We have a big country Federal election to elect a new Prime Minister in 3 weeks. To us, our Prime Minister is as important as your President. The word "bush" as in politics didn't even enter my head..... With all due respect....the rest of the world doesn't necessarily have a mind set that revolves around American politics, we have enough of our own local issues to keep us busy. I couldn't care less about American politics, sport, tv or anything else....And I don't know the first thing about Mexico either.

BTW, we too have a very important election on the way, it's called the Presidential election, and like it or not, follow it or not, the politics of the US do effects other countries around the world, big time.

Oh, and our current Prez, Bush, used to be the Governor of the state of Texas which is the biggest border of Mexico than any other.

Ah well, I guess it's best we let this one go to sleep. You see, we (outsiders) also get a bit "snitty" with America sometimes, because the impression we often get from films, television, news media etc is that America thinks that the whole world must revolve around everything to do with America, and that can make other countries and people, feel second rate to the GREAT AMERICA. And when I tried to tell a simple joke, ONCE AGAIN...I get someone who puts a political spin on it....

Ok...do you want to call a truce....I promise I won't try and be funny anymore....jocolor never was very good at jokes anyway, and I guess this just proves it.....

Anyway, you won't have to put up with for much longer, in a week from today, we'll be off on a months holiday, won't be back till December 12th. We have a busy week ahead of us, packing, taking the pets to where they will be boarded, making sure our mail is collected, having the internet turned off by the server for the month. Lots of fun stuff to do. It's our first holiday together for 14 years.

Anyway, smiles, and hopefully no hard feelings, Vella queen
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 6:31 pm

cyberlizard wrote:

It is a Central Nervous System interferer. It alters the way my brain deals with signals from my nerves and should reduce the pain from my damaged neck. So far so good.

Hey Steve, that's really great then if you won't have to live with constant pain.....pain can be such a draining thing emotionally and physically. A bit like anti depressants in a way I guess.....they alter the brain waves sort of don't they.....

Smiles, Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Vella wrote:
Vella wrote:

Smiles, Vella queen

Quote :

Ah well, I guess it's best we let this one go to sleep. You see, we (outsiders) also get a bit "snitty" with America sometimes, because the impression we often get from films, television, news media etc is that America thinks that the whole world must revolve around everything to do with America, and that can make other countries and people, feel second rate to the GREAT AMERICA. And when I tried to tell a simple joke, ONCE AGAIN...I get someone who puts a political spin on it....

Ok...do you want to call a truce....I promise I won't try and be funny anymore....jocolor never was very good at jokes anyway, and I guess this just proves it.....

Anyway, you won't have to put up with for much longer, in a week from today, we'll be off on a months holiday, won't be back till December 12th. We have a busy week ahead of us, packing, taking the pets to where they will be boarded, making sure our mail is collected, having the internet turned off by the server for the month. Lots of fun stuff to do. It's our first holiday together for 14 years.

Anyway, smiles, and hopefully no hard feelings, Vella queen
No need for a truce, I just hope you understand why I took it the way I did, as it did impact me personally and greatly. I do understand your view of the US, and understood the way the world looks at us, and why Islam decided to hit us where it hurt, and calls us the great demon, or great Satan.

The sad thing is the L-RD blessed this nation because it was founded on those who believed in HIm and his word and His laws, but that was long ago and now we are in for a great spanking, he has been warning us, but those that count will not listen. we are going down and soon will be a laughing stock that all can feel superior to, all I can do is pray.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation! A whole month! I havn't been anywhere for over a decade, since I couldn't work any longer we didn't have any extra money for vacations. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....   Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pardon my sense of humour, but I think this is funny.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Fellowship :: Coffee Lounge - (Guests can Post)-
Jump to: