our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Starting and continuing for God

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amadeus

Starting and continuing for God Empty
PostSubject: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm

I first recall recognizing that there was God at the age of 6 years when I was being baptized into the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) in a small mission town in California. From that time I strived to love and serve God although I never understood very much during those years. I was always sincere in my walk with Him even in the worst of times. I became an altar boy at a very young age and continued in that capacity until getting out of high school. During those years, I believed absolutely what the RCC and no one could have convinced me otherwise.

When I moved to San Jose, CA after high school, I continued to be a nominal RC, but my efforts to find a church were minimal. I fell into the ways of the world for a number of years, although I never denied God or what to me had always been The Church (RCC).

When I was 32 years old the living witness of a family living for God got the attention of me and my wife. I had never seen anyone who lived for God as they did (nor have I seen a better example since then). They sought with all that they had to live for Him. When my marriage was failing, it was the memory of the witness of that family that came to mind for me and my wife. We contacted them and God saved the shambles of our marriage. We have now been married for 35 years. We ended up joining the UPC (United Pentecostal Church) a "Jesus only, Oneness" group because that is where the witnessing family was. We were in that organization and other "oneness" groups for a total of 11 years in California and Wyoming. The main thing that I learned in "oneness" was to read and study a Bible. I had never done that previously.

When I transferred with my job from Wyoming to Oklahoma in April of 1987, I knew that there would be no more UPC for us. For over 20 years we were members of a small non-denominational church in northern Oklahoma. My wife quit in the summer of 2006. I lasted until March of 2007.

Now we attend another small non-denominational assembly located about 45 miles from our home on Sunday mornings. Twice a week I have Bible study/prayer services in my home with one or two other people.

I continue to search for more of what God has for me.
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Great Testimony Amadeus! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 5:51 am

Yes, great testimony.

We've attended Baptist, PH, Episcopal, Catholic, etc. Now ND, too.

We're going to be looking at Leah, Rachel, Jacob, 12 tribes, etc. for the next few Wed nights. What are you guys studying now?
Back to top Go down
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 7:54 pm

We have no definite study program. In between the meetings with others, I read from two different Bibles each morning simply as a part of continuing to learn about all of it and out of obedience and wanting to love the Word. At other times during the days, I will study things various subjects and sometimes may bring them up during the meetings with others. We rarely know in advance what we will be covering. During our last session we were looking at the words of Job (leaving out three friends & Elihu) and God in the Book of Job.
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Yes, sometimes what's planned isn't what we end up covering either.

I read something this week - The author considered Job extremely prideful. What's your take?
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 8:38 am

In the study group I lead, we use the weekly Parsha that has been followed for millennia, Yeshua also kept to this schedule as well.

It is the foundation for understanding G-d and his plan. We read it together and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us on what He wants us to concentrate on that week, from the Parsha ( portion of the Torah or Pentateuch).

Everything in the rest of the bible is based on the Torah and we inevitably get lead to other books and places in the Bible and enjoy new and profound enlightenments of the Holy Word.
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:24 pm

could you include these 'parsha' readings in the 'study the jewish way section' so we can all participate...

thanks

(with the readings and things)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 12:33 pm

Do you mean what I teach from?
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 2:18 am

yeah - just the scripture references and some highlights from within them, so we have to read the pasages!

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 12:23 pm

Ok, I will try and remember to do that after this Shabbat. I start with a plan, a foundation, but then let the spirit lead us in what he wants to show us, and many times it spills over into the rest of the Bible. This is more exciting to me, as we are being taught what we are prepared to receive. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting and continuing for God   Starting and continuing for God Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting and continuing for God
Page 1 of 1