our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amadeus

Work Empty
PostSubject: Work   Work EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 10:11 am

Would it be better if we sat back and watched? Working our own works, even if we use the Bible as a basis is wrong, because alone we do not know what His work is or how to do it and we lack the ability to do it. Our work should what He told us:

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:29

And how can we believe?

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. " Mark 9:23-24

We ask for His help...

When we receive His help so that we believe are we then to sit back and watch?

All people who lay any kind of a claim to salvation through Jesus are working to establish in someone else's heart that their ways are equal to His Way, or that they could be, or should be.

Jesus did not sit back and watch:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." John 5:17

"If we have the mind of Christ and will do 'greater works' than He did must we not also work by means of and by the power of the Spirit placed in us for that purpose?

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." I Cor 2:16
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work   Work EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 12:47 pm

Not my will L-RD, but thine be done.......... worship
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Protestant/Charismatic/Evangelical/Non Denom-
Jump to: