our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tturt

Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location Empty
PostSubject: Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location   Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Where did the Hitties and the Canaanites reside during Isaac, Jacob and Esau's lives? Where did Ishmael live? It's to better understand these scriptures.

CJB: Gen 27:46 Rivkah said to Yitz'chak, "I'm sick to
death of Hitti women! If Ya`akov marries one of the Hitti women, like those who live here, my life won't be worth living."

CJB: “Gen 28:8 `Esav
also saw that the Kena`ani women did not please Yitz'chak his father. Gen 28:9 So `Esav went to Yishma`el and took, in
addition to the wives he already had, Machalat the daughter of Yishma`el
Avraham's son, the sister of N'vayot, to be his wife.”

Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location   Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am

Quote :
Where did the Hitties and the Canaanites reside
during Isaac, Jacob and Esau's lives? Where did Ishmael live? It's to
better understand these scriptures.

This might help you

http://www.ancientlibrary.com/wcd/Hittites

Also this is from Gen 10:

15 Canaan fathered Sidon his firstborn, and the Hittites,
16 the Jebusites, the Amorites, the Girgashites,
17 the Hivites, the Arkites, the Sinites,
18 the Arvadites, the Zemarites, and the Hamathites. Afterwards the Canaanite clans scattered.
19 The Canaanite border went from Sidon going toward Gerar as far as Gaza, and going toward Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, as far as Lasha.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location   Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 12:19 am

Again thank you so much.

One website said that Esau was being consider of his parents' wishes on his 3rd marriage but I always thought he married to spite them.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location   Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 1:24 pm

Yes, he made a small concession when he saw that perhaps why he wasn't as favored as his brother was because of his wives but I don't think his choice of Ishmaels daughter was much better. Duh!

Esau was not about family and family values, nor taking over the family business which is defined in genesis as him 'dispising his birthright'.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location   Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location Empty

Back to top Go down

Hitti, Canaanite & Ishmael's location
Page 1 of 1