our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

My wonderful life.....now...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

My wonderful life.....now... Empty
PostSubject: My wonderful life.....now...   My wonderful life.....now... EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 9:56 am

Well this looks like an interesting little "space"...."topic"....whatever !!!

Life as you know it : Present....

Well, I may as well put my pennys worth in....
Very Happy

I really love my life and everything that's in it at the moment. I have lots of love, am financial security,(but live on the pension) I'm retired so every day is like a holiday. I'm planning a wonderful month long holiday at the end of the year to go and see my son and daughter and my 4 little grandsons. My parents are still alive and I enjoy visiting them once a fortnight. I have pets that I get great joy from. Any illness I have is being well managed. Jesus is the centre of our lives, and it's just AMAZING how He works so clearly in our very day lives, taking care of the little ordinary normal daily things. I have been blessed to have some problems in life which allow me to empathise (rather than just sympathise) with others. Though at the time I was going through the worst of my problems, I NEVER thought I'd call them BLESSINGS....but that's just the way the good Lord works.....everything can be turned to His glory.

Well I guess that's about it....I'm really excited to be part of this new site and I look forward to making new friends...as at the moment, we're all new here.
Very Happy

Talk to you soon....Vella queen
Back to top Go down
BrBob1

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful life.....now...   My wonderful life.....now... EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 4:51 pm

Hey there Vella

Greetings from the West of South Dakota.

My name is Bob and I live in Spearfish, SD. That's 15 miles north of the infamous Deadwood. I'm married (23 years) have three grown daughters and two grandbabies. I play the guitar for worship and work as a Veterans' Employment Representative.

Well, that's me!
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful life.....now...   My wonderful life.....now... EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 8:51 pm

BrBob1 wrote:
Hey there Vella

Greetings from the West of South Dakota.

My name is Bob and I live in Spearfish, SD. That's 15 miles north of the infamous Deadwood. I'm married (23 years) have three grown daughters and two grandbabies. I play the guitar for worship and work as a Veterans' Employment Representative.

Well, that's me!

Lovely to meet you Bob. Very Happy I live in south west Western Australia. I've been married 16 yrs (2nd time around and very very happy) I have 4 little grandsons, Lincoln & Marcus belong to my son, and Nikolas and Jakob belong to my daughter. All grandbabies are aged between 2 and 4 yrs. Unfortunately they all live on the east coast of Australia, so I never get to see them....but we are planning a holiday at the end of the year, and I'm getting excited about that. Of course the internet and phone helps with communications with them.
Tell me about your two grandies ?

Smiles, Vella
queen
Back to top Go down
BrBob1

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful life.....now...   My wonderful life.....now... EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 11:28 pm

Our middle daughter, her name is Crystal, presented us with the first granddaughter on April 11, 2006. Naomi Nevaeh (heaven backward) is a wonderful 16 month old. Her little brother, Isaiah Naoko (sp?) was born August 16, 2007. Yes, that was last week. He is perfect!

Crystal is now almost 22 years old and she was our first foster daughter. She moved in with us a month after her 14th birthday and she left when she finished high school at age 18. She moved back in with us after Naomi was born.

We have two other daughters, Terra and Jessie. Terra is 23 and Jessie is 20 They are both currently enrolled at Black Hills State University here in Spearfish. Terra will graduate in December with a BS - History/political science and Jessie is a Natural/Physical Science major. Two completely different young women!

We are very fortunate.

Bob
Spearfish, SD
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful life.....now...   My wonderful life.....now... EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 5:03 am

BrBob1 wrote:
Our middle daughter, her name is Crystal, presented us with the first granddaughter on April 11, 2006. Naomi Nevaeh (heaven backward) is a wonderful 16 month old. Her little brother, Isaiah Naoko (sp?) was born August 16, 2007. Yes, that was last week. He is perfect!

Crystal is now almost 22 years old and she was our first foster daughter. She moved in with us a month after her 14th birthday and she left when she finished high school at age 18. She moved back in with us after Naomi was born.

We have two other daughters, Terra and Jessie. Terra is 23 and Jessie is 20 They are both currently enrolled at Black Hills State University here in Spearfish. Terra will graduate in December with a BS - History/political science and Jessie is a Natural/Physical Science major. Two completely different young women!

We are very fortunate.

Bob
Spearfish, SD

Know what you mean about kids being different, my two are as different as chalk and cheese. Beccy is a "left behind hippy", and Christopher is a "man of today"....or something like that. Question Beccy will be 33 in November, and Chris turned 34 last May. They love each other, but DON'T LIKE each other. Mad Neither likes each others spouses, or the way they bring up their kids, or the way each other lives. Beccy is a bit of a "country bumpkin" whereas Chris is a real city person. They rarely communicate with each other. Beccy is very emotional like me, and Chris can be very cold and hard....also like I used to be. Beccy has been a Christian...very liberal...for about 18 months, and Chris reckons the only person to tell him what to do in his life is himself. Gets very upset if I mention God. :roll:

I love the name of your granddaugher...Heaven spelled backwards, that's so clever. We named Chris after Christ, because the first 6 letters of his name spell Christ....though the good Lord has a lot to do in his life yet...at the moment, Chris is not terribly inpressed with anything to do with religion. He's had his kids baptised and was married in a church, but that's it. But I have faith that God can turn him around. If Beccy can become a Christian...ANYONE CAN !!
affraid I always called her my "wild child"...and trust me, that's an understatement !!! :twisted:

Nice chatting to you again,

Smiles, Vella.
queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful life.....now...   My wonderful life.....now... Empty

Back to top Go down

My wonderful life.....now...
Page 1 of 1