our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Share | 

Elizabeth........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vella

PostSubject: Elizabeth........   Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:58 am

During my recent holiday in Tasmania (Australia) Brian and I had a most wonderful experience. We were driving along a country road....almost all roads in Tasmania are country roads. Suddenly we saw a woman walking a dog on the side of the road. It looked like a "mini" Bearded Collie. I knew this couldn't be possible because you can't get "mini" Beardies, because we know that breed well and we've had them for years.........anyway........we stopped the car and asked the lady about the dog. She said "Sam" was a Beardie crossed with a Border Collie. He was just GORGEOUS. Anyway.......this woman was a real sight for sore eyes......a tattoo of a cresent moon and star on her forehead, bigs tatts on her forearms and legs, big work boots on, she looked like a bloke. I was a bit weary of her because of the way she looked. What a lesson the Lord gave me........"Elizabeth" was her name, she is 57 and she said for the first 50 years of her life she'd lived on drugs, sex and rock and roll. About 6 years ago the Lord revealed Himself to her, and during a long story she told us how she was now an Anglican minister. She was...is.... a WONDERFUL lady, intelligent, funny, warm, loving, down to earth like you wouldn't believe. God sure put me on my knees in front of her, made me realise how one really cannot tell a book by it's cover. I'm hoping to keep in touch with her. When I first saw her I was sure she was a wiccan or pagan or something really 'ODD'.....oh how quicky we judge others. I praise the Lord for meeting Rev. Elizabeth Wells and her lovely dog, Sam.

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth........   Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:12 am

I know what you mean. Yes, I ask Yahweh to show me - what I call my religious boxes (my ideas & mindsets) that keep me from seeing the way He wants me to. So I understand what you're saying.

What a great experience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth........   Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:34 am

that is fantastic Vella.

Catrin and I have a friend like that, called Tracy. She is way taller than me and could probably wrestle me to the floor without trying. Like Elizabeth, she has tatoos and you think, oh heck.

But once she opens her mouth she is lovely. she is kind, very friendly and very well spoken (not in accent).

Everything you would not expect... She's also a catholic.

It's a funny old world.

Steve

p.s. so glad you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth........   

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth........
Page 1 of 1