our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Shindler's List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zaksmummy

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Shindler's List   Shindler's List EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Last night Steven and I sat down and watched Shindler's List. We have seen it several times, and each time we watch it I cry more and more.

Last night is was a a point when one of the women says to a young boy, "I will sing a blessing for you". After benning to practive the Shabbat and learning the blessings, for the first time I knew what she meant.

Also it amazed me that this man who was determined to make a fortune, nevermind anyone else, could be touched and used by God to save so many people, partly by using other peoples greed against them. God really does work in misterious ways.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shindler's List   Shindler's List EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Yes he does!

I myself have never been able to watch this movie, I can't even watch a program with clips, something in me dies inside............my immediate relatives escaped, others did not, who choose? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shindler's List   Shindler's List EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 3:02 am

I can't watch it either.
Back to top Go down
JewishTaskForceWoman
JewishTaskForceWoman

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shindler's List   Shindler's List EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 am

I have seen it, and my mother watched it too, she was a survivor, she was not on the list, her family had no money to pay for that right.

One thing you must remember the families helped create that film, it is apart of the history.

Not all of it was correct of course I have my own opinions on the man.

But it is worth watching.
Back to top Go down
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php
zaksmummy

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shindler's List   Shindler's List EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Yes you are right of course JTFW, Hollywood always imbelish a story to get a greater audience, I'm sure he wasnt sweetness and light, but thank you for bringing us back to reality

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
SpiritPsalmist

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shindler's List   Shindler's List EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 am

I have not watched it yet...I'm thinking about it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shindler's List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shindler's List   Shindler's List Empty

Back to top Go down

Shindler's List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Fellowship :: Coffee Lounge - (Guests can Post)-
Jump to: