our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Share | 

Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Bees, did you say bees? Yes, I said bees. You know those little yellow and black things with four wings that hide out in flowers and trash cans just waiting to sting you? Wink

Bees play an awful important role on this earth but are almost never recognized for it, rather they are thought of as a nuisance and a painful one and sometimes deadly one at that. I myself have an allergy to bees so must be careful when outside.

But what about those bees?

Well I was watching Manna-Fest tonight and Perry mentioned something about the bees disappearing so I thought I would look into it. (He isn't going to explain until his next show).

So I searched the net and this is what I found:

Why are bees dying? March 19,2007

Quote :
By the time John Miller realized just how many of his bees were dying, the almonds were in bloom and there was nothing to be done. It was February 2005, and the hives should have been singing with activity, plump brown honeybees working doggedly to carry pollen from blossom to blossom. Instead they were wandering in drunken circles at the base of the hive doors, wingless, desiccated, sluggish, blasé. Miller is accustomed to death on a large scale. “The insect kingdom enjoys little cell repair,” he will often remind you. Even when things are going well, a hive can lose 1,000 bees a day. But the extent of his losses that winter defied even his insect-borne realism. In a matter of weeks, Miller lost almost half of his 13,000 hives — around 300 million bees.

When it happened, Miller was in California’s Central Valley, where each February, when the almond trees burst into extravagant pink-and-white bloom, hundreds of beekeepers descend with billions of bees. More than 580,000 acres of almonds flower simultaneously there, and wild pollinators such as bumblebees, beetles, bats and wasps simply cannot transport enough pollen from tree to tree. Instead, almond ranchers depend on traveling beekeepers who, like retirees in Winnebagos, winter in warm places such as California and Florida, and head north to the Dakotas in the summer, where fields of alfalfa and clover produce the most coveted honey.

This annual bee migration isn’t just a curiosity; it’s the glue that holds much of modern agriculture together. Without the bees’ pollination services, California’s almond trees — the state’s top export crop — would produce 40 pounds of almonds per acre; with the bees, they can generate 2,400 pounds. Honeybees provide the same service for more than 100 other crops, from lettuce to cranberries to oranges to canola, up and down the West Coast.
40lbs vs 2,400lbs, that's a serious drop!

Honeybees Vanish, Leaving Keepers in Peril From the New York Times Feb 23- 2007

Quote :
VISALIA, Calif., Feb. 23 — David Bradshaw has endured countless stings during his life as a beekeeper, but he got the shock of his career when he opened his boxes last month and found half of his 100 million bees missing.

“I have never seen anything like it,” Mr. Bradshaw, 50, said from an almond orchard here beginning to bloom. “Box after box after box are just empty. There’s nobody home.”

The sudden mysterious losses are highlighting the critical link that honeybees play in the long chain that gets fruit and vegetables to supermarkets and dinner tables across the country.

Beekeepers have fought regional bee crises before, but this is the first national affliction.

Now, in a mystery worthy of Agatha Christie, bees are flying off in search of pollen and nectar and simply never returning to their colonies. And nobody knows why.

I remember a few weeks ago picking some parsley, and I brought it in the house and went to clean it before wrapping it to store in the fridge. While cleaning it I noticed a little tiny bee, stuck to the leaf, dead, I thought it a bit strange then, I find it stranger even now...............

Quote :
A Cornell University study has estimated that honeybees annually pollinate more than $14 billion worth of seeds and crops in the United States, mostly fruits, vegetables and nuts. “Every third bite we consume in our diet is dependent on a honeybee to pollinate that food,” said Zac Browning, vice president of the American Beekeeping Federation.

Quote :
The bee losses are ranging from 30 to 60 percent on the West Coast, with some beekeepers on the East Coast and in Texas reporting losses of more than 70 percent; beekeepers consider a loss of up to 20 percent in the off-season to be normal.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages! Six pounds of barley for the same price! REV 6:6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:31 pm

Quote :
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages! Six pounds of barley for the same price! REV 6:6

So what does that mean to us? Here's some statistics:

It takes 3 1/8 pounds of wheat to make 2 pounds of flour.

It takes a pound of flour to make a one 1/2 pound loaf of bread which is about 3/4 size of most national loaves of bread.

As you can see, generally speaking you will have to work all day for one loaf of bread and that isn't just for you, but your whole family.!

Some stats

Quote :
A nation of 1 billion people, China is traditionally thought of as a rice-eating nation. The Chinese, however, consume 180 pounds of wheat flour per person every year, mostly in the form of noodles. Some nations have much higher annual per capita wheat flour consumption, such as Israel, at 294 pounds; France, at 241 pounds; Egypt, at 384 pounds; and Algeria, at 441 pounds.
Quote :

The average American eats about 144 pounds of wheat flour products. There is room for increased wheat consumption in the United States.
At the turn of this century, Americans consumed about 210 pounds of wheat flour per person each but it has dropped with all the low carbs fab diets.

Today, health professionals now recommend that more than 55 percent of daily caloric consumption should be in the form of low-fat carbohydrates such as bread, cereal and pasta. Consumption is gradually increasing and may someday again approach the 210 pound level

Now Wheat and corn are not pollinated by bees, but many other things are.

Quote :
Albert Einstein said "If bees die, we die".
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:44 pm

It seems like the plot of a particularly far-fetched horror film. But some scientists suggest that our love of the mobile phone could cause massive food shortages, as the world's harvests fail.
They are putting forward the theory that radiation given off by mobile phones and other hi-tech gadgets is a possible answer to one of the more bizarre mysteries ever to happen in the natural world - the abrupt disappearance of the bees that pollinate crops. Late last week, some bee-keepers claimed that the phenomenon - which started in the US, then spread to continental Europe - was beginning to hit Britain as well.

The theory is that radiation from mobile phones interferes with bees' navigation systems, preventing the famously home-loving species from finding their way back to their hives. Improbable as it may seem, there is now evidence to back this up. -

German research has long shown that bees' behavior changes near power lines. Now a limited study at Landau University has found that bees refuse to return to their hives when mobile phones are placed nearby. Dr Jochen Kuhn, who carried it out, said this could provide a "hint" to a possible cause.Christian News Wire

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages! Six pounds of barley for the same price, BUT HURT NOT THE OIL OR THE WINE! REV 6:6

Grapes and olives do not need bees to be fertilized.
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:29 am

I heard about this a few months ago on the BBC news programme. Really bizaree isn't it.

One thing they also said was that if the bee population was to die out (and they still do not know what cuased it), the bulk of the planets flora ecosystem would be dead within a couple of years.

Not sure whether it sounds like scare mongering or apocolyptic/end times stuff.

Steve

p.s. still less chance of getting stung
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 am

cyberlizard wrote:
I heard about this a few months ago on the BBC news programme. Really bizaree isn't it.

One thing they also said was that if the bee population was to die out (and they still do not know what cuased it), the bulk of the planets flora ecosystem would be dead within a couple of years.

Not sure whether it sounds like scare mongering or apocolyptic/end times stuff.

Steve

p.s. still less chance of getting stung

May-be (bee)Very Happy this is just northern hemesphere stuff, coz I sure don't notice a decline in bees around my house. I have several large bushes that local bees just love and are just coming into flower now (our spring) and there are plenty of bees in them. Bees don't worry me, when I go to pick the flowers for the house from these bushes, I just go in VERY SLOWLY...I've never been stung collecting the flowers. I've only been stung twice in my life....once when I was about 3 yrs old, and we had an old house and mum was washing me in the laundry trough and a bee came in the window and stung me on the "bee hind" Embarassed True story !!! And about 30 yrs ago when I was standing outside a church after a service and one got me on the arm....but it was no big deal. I'm not allergic or anything.

The world is going crazy in lots of ways, so maybe this is all just part of the BIG PLAN...for end times...who knows....GOD KNOWS !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Very interesting incite, Psalms..., as Vella said, there are plenty of bees doing there thing in t/ bushes w/ t/ tiny flowers in my front yard in Texas, USA. But what of t/ fruit & vegetable plants that depend on pollenization for their health? That WOULD bee something to consider if, for whatever reason, they are not getting pollenated. That would impact our lives big time~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Yes, I think that in private homes and gardens and organic farms away from cities there are plenty of natural bees, but this was concerning the bees that number in the 100 millions that are used commercially for pollination of many huge food crops.

Vella, I would dare quess, Aussie isn't as wired up with Cell towers as the US is? no? Smile
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:15 am

Absolutely love Perry Stone's programs.

Thought they said (on his program?) that organically grown bees (without pesticides, chemicals, etc) weren't being affected. Anyone hear this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:50 pm

I didn't hear that part, I must have missed the next program, he told about it coming and I went online to look this up for myself, I was very surprised. It is amazing that such a small thing can effect so many people.

I don't know how the organic fits in, if it is coming from cell phones, they cross over organic lands as well as un-organic.
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:14 am

Anyone hear anything else about this recently?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:23 pm

It is interesting that since I posted this, the movie called THe 'B' Movie has come out. The story is cute but the ending is very similar to what I've posted about. Sometimes it's the little things ignored that get us into so must trouble.

Anyone see the B movie?
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:58 am

In reference to the "things ignored" - is some of the difficulty with them knowing the source of the problem b/c there haven't been any studies on bees previously - they were just always there so everyone thought they would always be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Colony Collapse Disorder

Did you know that every third bite of food we eat depends on bees
for pollination? You might not have given much thought to the role
honeybees play in our ecosystem. But fact is, 30% of the fruit- and
vegetable-producing plants we rely on to feed our families need
honeybee pollination to thrive. That’s why the mysterious disappearance
of honeybees known as Colony Collapse Disorder is a critical
environmental issue that must be understood and reversed for The
Greater Good.

At Burt’s Bees, we hope to raise awareness about the disappearing
honeybees with our public service announcement. Additionally, we are
funding research to help find a solution. To learn more about research
for Colony Collapse Disorder, visit Pollinator Partnership.

Go here to read more on this from Burts Bees
Back to top Go down
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Devora ("Debra") comes from the root, bee - in Hebrew. I've been wondering about that since studying from
http://www.byki.com/

From what i heard.. thepowerhour.com, perhaps; TV would be able to intercept... then offer soulutions.. -- uh, the NEWS once gave a shot on how TV would be able to "Watch" YOU.. -- Just guessing you saw that B movie on cable?

GMO foods: other country's banned. They decided to "Watch" America.. Perhaps THIS is one of the side-effects. -- If the site wasn't heisted..
http://www.thefutureoffood.com/

Ashcroft was payed handsomely by Monsanto for his government position. Ashcroft made it illegal for anyone to investigate Monsanto's patents on seeds, etc., Then, [now,still?], Ashcroft went to the Law collage which our beloved Jay Secilow heads up.

ROUND UP is the weed-destroyer which actually Destroys the earth! A Monsanto product.

Interesting -the verring perspectives. The further we are from some dangers, the less likely we view their relevance.

Are the Debra's of our day listlessly wondering about, confused regarding judgement? -- Has the peer pressure of Political correctness Twisted our logic the way magnets disorient homing pigeons?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Wheat went from $4 bushel to $20 this week.

Aurorah_Tapistry, this situation with Monsanto has been unbelieveable to me especially about the seeds. Ashcroft really made it illegal to research their patents????? Oh, my gosh!

Also, what Perry Stone said several months ago that the bees in hives where pesticide type products aren't used - aren't disappearing. I thought about the bees moving from one area to another also. That's the reason I wondered about his resource but haven't heard him say anything else about it. Have you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

Yes,

tturt wrote:
.. about the seeds. ..

http://www.croptrust.org/main/

How do folks feel about th^s Seed Volt? -- It would appear a fear tactic in order to enTrust the World to (UN)ne source.

-Eazer then to risk your KNOWLEDGE regarding a "soft" take-over when the time is right to make it impossible to gain access to Life without Required ID; REAL ID.

Quote :
Also, what Perry Stone said several months ago that the bees in hives where pesticide type products aren't used - aren't disappearing. I thought about the bees moving from one area to another also. That's the reason I wondered about his resource but haven't heard him say anything else about it. Have you?

From the picture taking place, [i don't get Perry..TV], OUR country gave Monsanto permission to use those distructive products on the earth... That, together with this Seed Volt make it look like other country's would do well to keep OUT Monsanto products. -- Further, AMERICA: BEE ON ALERT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:36 am

In regard to their seeds, I read several years ago that no studies were done to check out the impact of even the adjourning crop much less for crops farther way. Some scientists did try to fight them in the beginning.

Also bothersome to me is that Ashcroft is a fundamentalist Christian. I assumed he knew the scripture about the end times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:40 pm

IT IS WRITTEN:

And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Messiah YAHshua, that they might bring us into bondage:

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the fAVOR of our G-d into lasciviousness, and denying the only L-rd G-d, and our L-rd Messiah YAHshua.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the L-rd that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Someone, in defence of Pres. bush, spoke re: "..TEARS.." in frunt of him at "CHURCH"

As a Nation, Efryim has LOST her VISION. Like Samson, we've been lulled to sleep at the hands of a HARLOT...

WHERE are those of us with FORSIGHT -Pulling back the veil to uncover the CLIFF we are on the brink of Blindly moving towards?
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt
"..His Hand is streched out Still.."

www.ThePowerHour.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:42 am

Thought someone else might be interested in this - hope it's ok to post url

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20080826/sc_mcclatchy/3028384

If it's not ok, just delete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?   

Back to top Go down

Where have all the Bees gone? Famine coming?
Page 1 of 1