our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

When God speaks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zaksmummy

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 6:53 am

Have you noticed that when God speaks to us through the feasts or by practicing Jewish "tradition" it is so personal?

For example, God has spoken to me a lot about repentance lately, and I obviously needed it and feel better for it. Someone I have been emailing said he has been speaking to her about the correct use of his name.

When I was driving home from work ealier I was mulling this over and thought we (me n God) havent had a conversation about anything like that.

Does anyone else have anything they would like to share?

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 1:44 am

What are you saying here, Catrin? Is it that you are feeling t/ Presence of God to repentence while performing a particular feast? That's an excellent opportunity to draw close to Him and glorify your God!
Back to top Go down
tturt

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 5:19 am

Yeah, even for those that don't observe the feasts, many were being prompted in the direction of repentance based on sermon content I've heard.

Yes, I definitely understand what she's saying about His name.
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 2:08 pm

I have been enjoying this past week in the Sukkah, I don't think there is any time or place ( outside Israel) one can feel HaShem's presence than in the Sukkah, being obedient to his word, rejoicing before him, feasting, and sharing time with family and friends or a quiet snack, just listening to him and waiting to hear, it is so wonderful, and just a taste of what is to come!~ cheers
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

When God speaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: When God speaks   When God speaks Empty

Back to top Go down

When God speaks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Judaism - From Orthodox to Messianic-
Jump to: