our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Today is the Int'l day of prayer for

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tturt

Today is the Int'l day of prayer for Empty
PostSubject: Today is the Int'l day of prayer for   Today is the Int'l day of prayer for EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 7:03 am

The
International Day of Prayer is October 7th for the Peace of Jerusalem Psa 122:6-9
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today is the Int'l day of prayer for   Today is the Int'l day of prayer for EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 12:26 pm

It is great this day of recognition, but we are admonished to always pray for the peace of Jerusalem, those that love her will prosper.

Psalms 137:5-6

If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunningl If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy!

Do any gentile/Christians here feel that way?

Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Today is the Int'l day of prayer for   Today is the Int'l day of prayer for EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 pm

i am not sure about my tongue sticking to the roof of my mouth, sounds to much like zechariah to me...

that aside though, i have in my kitchen on two cupboards, two posters which people often stand and read... it is titled, 12 reasons to pray for the peace of jerusalem.

why do we pray for her.... becuase God lover her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Today is the Int'l day of prayer for   Today is the Int'l day of prayer for EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 5:19 am

Oh, I didn't mean it's not to be a daily prayer - just posting to let everyone know there was an international effort on that particular day, etc.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Today is the Int'l day of prayer for   Today is the Int'l day of prayer for EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 9:26 am

OH, tturt I know, I just wanted to mention this other psalm too. Like lizard said, we are not only to pray for her, but to not forget her, because G-d loves her. Jerusalem sits on his Holy mountain.

Thank you for sharing this, I wasn't aware of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today is the Int'l day of prayer for   Today is the Int'l day of prayer for Empty

Back to top Go down

Today is the Int'l day of prayer for
Page 1 of 1