our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Attitudes to politics

Go down 
+3
Vella
Psalms_119:105
zaksmummy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zaksmummy

Attitudes to politics Empty
PostSubject: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 3:54 pm

I was just reading the joke Vella wrote and Psalms response, and it struck me, that different countries have such different attitudes towards politics.

No this thread isnt a discussion on politics, its rights and wrongs, whether right wing or left wing is best etc and I dont want it to become that. I'm just interesting indiscussing peoples attitudes towards politics.

See if I get this right. Americans are very much "even if we didnt vote for the president we should support him because he is the president" - please correct me if I got this wrong, but that is my impression whenever there is any discussion on amenrican politics in the news.

British perspective, "we didnt vote for then, we dont like them, we want them out next election, in the meantime they are just feathering their nests until they get out and ruining the country in the process" - again this might not be everyones take, please feel free to correct if this is not how you see it.

What about everybody else?

For example, the Queen, I'm a bit of a Royalist, I really like the monachy, think its a good institution and at least they are supposed to be non-political, but (again from the news) it seems that even though the Queen is the head of state for Austrailia she isnt liked that much there.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 8:25 am

Actually this is more an American perspective too:

Quote :
British perspective, "we didnt vote for then, we dont like them, we want them out next election, in the meantime they are just feathering their nests until they get out and ruining the country in the process" - again this might not be everyones take, please feel free to correct if this is not how you see it.
My perspective is different, based on bible teachings about leaders. Believe me, that is not the norm in the US, even in the churches. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 7:59 am

I think that you attitude is the one I have about the Queen, the Church of England pray for her every sunday as the head of state
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Well, we Ozzies are a bit laid back when it comes to almost EVERYTHING. We have the same political system of voting etc as the POMS (English) Smile I'm not a Royalist by any stretch of the imagination, I think they are a tourist attraction and probably good for charities, but then lots of celebs do good for charity. But I do love all the jewels and gorgeous gowns, coz basically I'm a real...girly girl...and love "glam" like that.. Very Happy But seriously the British royal family, basically means nothing to me. I don't think we're a strong enough nation to go completely independant, so we still need to be part of the Commonwealth, but I think we need our own head of state, not just someone who represents the Queen. Our Prime Minister has the real power here, she's and her rep are only "figure heads".

I do admit I don't understand the fears other countries like America has about the security of their boarders. Apart from a couple of tiny islands in the middle of nowhere, Australia is about the most isolated country in the world. We were bombed during WW2, but apart from that, we have never been invaded, though our boys have always gone to help other nations. (rightly or wrongly) I live in an area about 1hrs drive from the capital city of Perth, Western Australia. Perth is possibly the most isolated city in the world. With Ocean one side and dessert the other. We're even considered isolated from the rest of Australia. For me to fly to my nearest Australian capital city it takes about 3 1/2 hours flying time. The total population of Australia has only just reached 21 million I think. I know some cities in America have a greater population than that.

So I guess we're quite isolated from many of the worlds woes as well. We hear about these things on tv of course, but we are largely safe from it. I know from my overseas travels that many people in other countries don't even know where Australia is...and that's fine by me.

So with all that said, it is very difficult for us to appreciate the threats and dangers other nations feel.

God bless, America, Britain and good old Oz....andy everywhere else in G-ds good earth.

Love to you all. (especially my friend...Thy Word)..sorry if I upset you. I can be a ...bitch sometimes...!!!

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Me too, forget about it! Wink

I may be a bit touchy on this subject, actually I totally ignore politics, but the security issue is close to heart. On 9-11-2001 I lived smack in between two of the hijackers targets, and was also in the path of the anthrax scare. I went through a terrible emotional time then, and even over 5 years later it still is fresh in my memory. But I don't get involved and know that whomever gets into office it is because HaShem has allowed it, for a reason.

love ya Vella Smile
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 11:58 pm

Psalms_119:105 wrote:
Me too, forget about it! Wink

I may be a bit touchy on this subject, actually I totally ignore politics, but the security issue is close to heart. On 9-11-2001 I lived smack in between two of the hijackers targets, and was also in the path of the anthrax scare. I went through a terrible emotional time then, and even over 5 years later it still is fresh in my memory. But I don't get involved and know that whomever gets into office it is because HaShem has allowed it, for a reason.

love ya Vella Smile

Awww, sucks....I'm getting teary now....I do apologise dear friend. I'm under a bit of strain at the moment. We're going on holiday next week and all year I've been looking forward to staying with my daughter for a week, now she tells me she doesn't want me to stay with them. I can "visit" but not stay. I haven't seen her two little boys for over a year, and it's just breaking my heart. I'll have a week with my son and his wife and 2 little blokes, then go on to the daughters. She thinks after a week with my son and his kids, living with another couple of toddlers might be too much for me.....I suffer from depression you see....she's afraid if I "snap" I might hurt the children if they get to much for me.....mind you, I've never hurt a fly in my life.....but she has financial problems of her own at the moment, so it's all been a bit hysterical.....so sorry if I took it out on you.

Hugs... Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Aww, Vella,No I know you were so looking forward to this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers that is be as pleasant as can be. We need each other, but sometimes we are just brutes to each other, eh?

I do hope that her attitude changes, perhaps you can take some time with hubby in a hotel for a few days and this will give you a little break in between and then spend the last couple days with her and the family?

Hugs, and kisses Vella Smile

Psalms
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Aww, Vella,No I know you were so looking forward to this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers that is be as pleasant as can be. We need each other, but sometimes we are just brutes to each other, eh?

I do hope that her attitude changes, perhaps you can take some time with hubby in a hotel for a few days and this will give you a little break in between and then spend the last couple days with her and the family?

Hugs, and kisses Vella Smile

Psalms

I'm trying to be as "upbeat" as possible about our time in Tasmania, where Beccy lives. We're not going to stay with her, not even one night, we've booked into a hotel. But we're planning a couple of day visits with them. We get to Tasmania on Nov.19th and it's Beccys 33rd birthday on the 21st, we were going to have such a special celebration....but now it won't be quite the same....still, I have to abide by what she wants, even though I think she's probably feeling pretty rotten about what she said now, but I still won't stay with them. What she said has just hurt me too much. I've been planning this trip for a year, down to the very last "exciting" detail....oh well, G-d has his reasons for these things happening. I'm sure there's a blessing in there somewhere, I just can't see it at the moment. Crying or Very sad
But we are going to be hiring a little car and doing a self drive tour of the island with a couple of river cruises along the way, so we do have some nice things planned that we'll do just by ourselves anyway. It was just things with the boys I was looking forward to....Nikolas is 3 and Jakob is 2. My ex and his wife said when they stayed there, the boys would come to them real early in the morning and jump on their bed and wake them up.....I was looking forward to that sort of thing....getting up and collecting the chickens eggs with the boys....little things that they won't remember, but I would have treasured.....ah well, such is life !!! I think in life, parents always hurt their kids in some way, and kids hurt their parents, I'm sure my family is no different from others in the world. When I get home I'm sure I'll have lots of lovely memories to tell you about. I'm going to keep a little holiday diary. Smile

Well it's 10.35am, must get my day going, have ironing to do and must make some cake as we have friends coming this afternoon.

Hugs, Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 8:08 pm

yes, don't let it get you down too much, you never know something more exciting could happen in light of the new plans! Smile You don't want to be doing the same ol thing your ex did, you want something special to you.Smile

Take lots of pictures, make lots of memories, and when they are grown those pictures will bring back pleasant memories of Grandma's visit. Smile

BTW, it's interesting your daughter named her son, Jacob. Wink
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Vella, I was praying for you this eveing while I was making tea, and believe that God will provide for you whilst you are away for the extra expenses you will incur.

He brought to mind something that someone we used to know told us. His wife and he started a house church in the 1970s. One night they had no food in the house and people coming round, well just a packet of cornflakes, and not many of those either. So they prayed that God would provide. Anyway when the people arrived, they passed out the cornflake packet and it didnt run out, everyone had what they wanted to eat.

God has provided for us in the same way since Steven has been off sick. We havent had more money, it just seems to have gone further.

So be encouraged that God has gone before you and will provide everything you need on your trip.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 4:36 am

Dear friends, thank you for your encouragement, understanding, and love.....

We visited my parents today and guess what.....they gave us,
$1,000 to help with our holiday expenses !!! That will certainly help....G-d is good and He does provide indeed...AMEN !!!

I'm feeling much better about going to Tasmania now, I've exchanged a couple of emails with Beccy and we're doing our best to get back to ..... normal ....and as you said Catrin, G-d has gone before us, and who knows who'll we meet at the hotel that He wants us to meet. He works in mysterious ways. We're going to pack tomorrow....

I'm not sure how long I'll be on line, we've instructed our server to take us off line for the month we'll be away, I hope it won't be till about Sunday....but who knows these servers sometimes make mistakes, so if you don't hear from me again...it's because of that but of course I'll be in touch as soon as we get home, probably round the 14/12.

I'll be thinking about you all.... Smile Vella queen
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 4:43 am

yes, don't let it get you down too much, you never know something more exciting could happen in light of the new plans! Smile You don't want to be doing the same ol thing your ex did, you want something special to you.Smile

Take lots of pictures, make lots of memories, and when they are grown those pictures will bring back pleasant memories of Grandma's visit. Smile

BTW, it's interesting your daughter named her son, Jacob. Wink

I don't know why Beccy called her son Jakob....she spelled it with the K instead of the C same with the older boy Nikolas....she spelled that differently too. Nikolas is.....Nikolas Barron.....Barron being my mothers maiden name. And Jakob is.....Jakob Stephen....because Beccys mother in laws maiden name was Stephens.

My son's boys are.....Lincoln Alexander and Marcus Anthony. I know the Anthony has a connection to the fact that my son Christopher is Christopher Anthony, and there are other male relatives named Anthony, but I don't know where the other names of the boys came from.

Tomorrow we pack....Saturday morning we take the dogs to the kennels, Sunday I'll was all our bed linen and clean the house one last time and in the afternoon take the rats across the road to be looked after, then Monday morning.....whoooshhhhhhh, we're off to the airport. But our plane doesn't go till about 5.45pm. The friends who are taking us to the airport want to take us early as they have things to do on the Monday and it's more convenient for them to take us in the morning, which is fine by us.
It's getting quite exciting now......

xxxxxxxx Vella queen
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 5:38 am

ready and waiting and praying
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 11:52 am

I feel your excitment and pray all goes well. I know you have a million things to do before you go , but number one on your list should be to make sure you get enough rest. You will be flying and going early to the airport and that will take a toll on you the first days, so rest up. Also take care to eat proberly before hand, not fill up on greasy fast food at airport. Dont' eat gassy foods, though, beans, cabbage, brussel sprouts, things like that, you'll be sorry if you do.

A new study released by Japanese researchers has found that eating a
small meal and having a sports drink before a flight may help prevent
in-flight heart attacks and fainting spells.

Heres some more tips, click here

http://www.airtravelgenius.com/ar/healthy_flying.htm

Also if there is an in flight meal it is best to get a fruit plate as this will help to hydrate you as well as keep your energy up.

Make sure also to take hand wipes with you, I don't know what you call them in Aussie, but they are towelettes that have been soaked in a antibacterial fluid and you can use them to wash your hands with out a restroom. They are good to keep handy especially when boarding, as you don't know who from where has touched your seat or the toilet handles and what diseases people from around the world have brought with them. This is one of the most infectious areas on the planet, an airport and airplanes. To help prepare your body for this you should also take some Airborne, I don't know if you have it there, but it helps to prepare your body for an onslaught of germs and helps to fight them off.

Check it out here and see if you can't get some. I know that Alka seltzer has jumped on the band wagon and now has their own version too.

http://www.airbornehealth.com/

Here is the Alka seltzer plus info

http://www.alkaseltzer.com/asp/sampling_ic.html
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 6:06 pm

I feel your excitment and pray all goes well. I know you have a million things to do before you go , but number one on your list should be to make sure you get enough rest. You will be flying and going early to the airport and that will take a toll on you the first days, so rest up. Also take care to eat proberly before hand, not fill up on greasy fast food at airport. Dont' eat gassy foods, though, beans, cabbage, brussel sprouts, things like that, you'll be sorry if you do.

A new study released by Japanese researchers has found that eating a
small meal and having a sports drink before a flight may help prevent
in-flight heart attacks and fainting spells.

Heres some more tips, click here

http://www.airtravelgenius.com/ar/healthy_flying.htm

Also if there is an in flight meal it is best to get a fruit plate as this will help to hydrate you as well as keep your energy up.

Make sure also to take hand wipes with you, I don't know what you call them in Aussie, but they are towelettes that have been soaked in a antibacterial fluid and you can use them to wash your hands with out a restroom. They are good to keep handy especially when boarding, as you don't know who from where has touched your seat or the toilet handles and what diseases people from around the world have brought with them. This is one of the most infectious areas on the planet, an airport and airplanes. To help prepare your body for this you should also take some Airborne, I don't know if you have it there, but it helps to prepare your body for an onslaught of germs and helps to fight them off.

Check it out here and see if you can't get some. I know that Alka seltzer has jumped on the band wagon and now has their own version too.

http://www.airbornehealth.com/

Here is the Alka seltzer plus info

http://www.alkaseltzer.com/asp/sampling_ic.html

You are soooooo sweet, and sound just like my MUM :dontknow:We're going "cheap" flight, so no inflight meals...unless you want to buy them and then they cost a fortune, so we'll be taking our own food with us. It'll probably be something like salad sandwiches. We don't drink alcohol, so I have some small bottles of orange juice to take on board.

It's about a 4 hour flight. Leaving at about 5.30pm and getting in at about 11pm eastern Australian time. I already have those toweletts, I think they're a great idea too. At home I normally have an afternoon sleep, so I intend to keep that up for today and tomorrow, but won't have a chance Monday as we'll be at the air port. I'm taking little blow up neck rests for cushions on the plane.

If I have a heart attack during the flight, at least I'll be half way to heaven, so the good Lord won't have so far to come and get me. cheers

Yep, I'm really starting to get excited now....whoooshhhhh, up, up and away !!!!!

Luv ya...Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
searchin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Hey, how can you speak about politics without .. well, speaking a bout -uh, politics Huh?

Back to top Go down
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 4:04 pm

a good thing about being an administrator is that you can see the IP addresses people post from.... it is nice to know that in a free or restricted politcal system there are always people around who know where you are from and what computer you are using, regardless of the username.....

Admin

p.s. to the people who should know who they are let me just say nicely that 'socks' are a disgusting feature of forums/chatrooms and BBS
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 8:16 am

Please pray that Yahweh's will be done in the US elections - some primaries tomorrow

For one I am very concerned about Pres Bush "peace" agenda but it is just taking more land from Israel - and what impact it's going to have on everyone including the US.

Though often I feel like just waiting til the next one gets into office. Just like a church leader, a nation's leader either points to Yahweh or not. There are plenty of scriptures that show that Yahweh held the leaders' responsible - but He was also looking at the people such as for intercessors.

So whether I voted for them or not and often I forget - scriptures for prayers

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all,
supplications, prayers,
intercessions,
and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"
(I Timothy 2:1-3).

Prayers for them when they're believers Phil 1:9-11; Col 1:9-13; 1 Th 5:23-25; 2 Th 1:11-12.

Back to top Go down
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Admin wrote:
a good thing about being an administrator is that you can see the IP addresses people post from.... it is nice to know that in a free or restricted politcal system there are always people around who know where you are from and what computer you are using, regardless of the username.....

Admin

p.s. to the people who should know who they are let me just say nicely that 'socks' are a disgusting feature of forums/chatrooms and BBS

So; Just what Are 'socks' ?

p.s. This site has one disadvantage regarding a new post ~ so; one uses the Advantage available for the sake of allowing the viewer to realise a new message was Posted;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.ThePowerHour.com
Back to top Go down
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:10 pm

tturt wrote:
Please pray that Yahweh's will be done in the US elections - some primaries tomorrow

For one I am very concerned about Pres Bush "peace" agenda but it is just taking more land from Israel - and what impact it's going to have on everyone including the US.

Though often I feel like just waiting til the next one gets into office. Just like a church leader, a nation's leader either points to Yahweh or not. There are plenty of scriptures that show that Yahweh held the leaders' responsible - but He was also looking at the people such as for intercessors.

So whether I voted for them or not and often I forget - scriptures for prayers

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all,
supplications, prayers,
intercessions,
and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"
(I Timothy 2:1-3).

Prayers for them when they're believers Phil 1:9-11; Col 1:9-13; 1 Th 5:23-25; 2 Th 1:11-12.

....AMEN!

i'm On it, saint -- May Abba with-hold the gavel till those who are called may escape -- That wicked and unreasonable men are taken out of office

May the choopa be recognised by those who put themselves in HIS Hand -May we be obedient and follow, b'Shem YHSHA
B'ruch H'Shem! HalleluYAH!
...amen...
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:50 pm

for those who do not know, a 'sock' as far as i know is when a person has more than one username, and uses both for different types of post.

steve
Back to top Go down
Aurorah_Tapistry

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitudes to politics   Attitudes to politics Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitudes to politics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Fellowship :: Coffee Lounge - (Guests can Post)-
Jump to: