our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Meeting Jewish people

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zaksmummy

Meeting Jewish people Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 4:44 pm

We live in the middle of Britain in a county called North Derbyshire. 99.6% of the people here are white and British. This means that it isnt very cosmopolitan and there isnt much scope for meeting other people from other faiths. Most non-white people that live here are aisian. I only know one Jewish person, although I was explaining my newly stopped pig eating to someone at work the other day and they told me that a couple of social workers I had known for years were Jewish, which was a surprise, as I didnt know. Anyway, you get the picture.

Just lately people around us have been telling us about Messianic people they have met, both Jew and Gentile, but for some reason we never do get to meet them. A Messianic gentile chap was talking at my parents church in September (up to him coming they (parents) though he was Jewish) but it was at a time when I was at work and I count go to hear him. A Jewish chap was speaking to someone at our church last week at a prayer meeting, but we didnt know the meeting so didnt go.

A couple of days ago Steven decided that we wanted to buy a prayer shawl so we decided to go to Leeds, about 40 miles away as we know there is a messianic congregation there and thought they might have a Judiaca shop, but alas no they dont. Every time recently we have tried to meet some Jewish people or Messianic people we have failed, or as my mother would say, "the door has been shut".

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening, I really feel that this is a spiritual thing, that God is keeping us away the the moment from physically meeting up with people, but dont understand the reason why. Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Many may be that you don't know because of assimilation. If you are a Jew in an area where there are none, you kinda like to blend in and not stick out, for obvious historical reasons. Wink

Perhaps pray about it and ask the L-RD to lead you to some who may be living under the impression that Jews aren't accepted, but would long to talk to someone who would accept them. Some may be believers and passing for Christians, but keeping private Jewish celebrations at home. Open your heart and mind up to HaShem and let him lead you. Smile

bless you for your heart for the Jewish people.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
JewishTaskForceWoman
JewishTaskForceWoman

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 5:54 am

I know the feeling I live in an area with no other jewish people.

with only 100,000 jews in Australia they are kinda rare indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:46 pm

JTFW, Shalom!

what do you do for services?

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
JewishTaskForceWoman
JewishTaskForceWoman

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 2:46 am

I have an area in my home I use for prayer, and I use the internet to speak to a Rabbi if I need too. I observe when I can, I feel sometimes its easier to have G-d to myself, I don't think he minds.

I used to go to a christain service I had heard of a family I was so exicted, to find out they were not true.

And sometimes I travel 2 hours to a service, but I have commitments to force that to be rare.

I have not attended a service in 8 years. I really think it matters little, my faith is stronger than ever, and I think its peaceful to be private.
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 11:59 am

We have finally met some people just like us!!

It has been amazing, Steven contacted a Messianic congregation in America for some teaching notes, when he told them where we lived the told us about a couple who lives about 20 minutes by car from us.

We met up for a meal and we shared what has een happening with us, and they were experiencing the same things, and been spoken to by God a bout the same things.

They also have a link to a Messianinc congregation in Grimsby, which is quite far away, but is fantastic.

Anyway, when I was thinking about everything that had happened, a thought came to mind and just wont go away.

Its from film "When the pupil is ready the master will appear"

I have been praying for God to provide me with a teacher to guide me in prophercy, something someone prophercied to me along time ago, so hopefully this will be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
JewishTaskForceWoman
JewishTaskForceWoman

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 5:36 pm

That is good news zaksmummy, good luck may your friendships be strong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Jewish people   Meeting Jewish people Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Jewish people
Page 1 of 1