our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Admin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Admin   Admin EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 4:52 am

welcome,

to my life,

Work as a psychiatric nurse on an acute psychiatric unit in the UK caring (as well as injecting) those mostly with severe mental illness, such as schizophrenia.

Due to the nature of the job, after a while you have heard pretty much everything there is that would break the law of moses and begin to develop a slightly twisted sense of humour often bordering on the sarcastic (though that is often a british thing) and showing signs of serious irony. Therefore take heed when I make my posts.

Churchwise, I attend a small charismatic church in the UK, which used to be a fully fledged member of the AoG, but now we are just affiliated to them. I have no particular ministry other than being there. Because we are so small, there is no real structure to fight against, and everyone does as they are led to do, which makes it very friendly and everyone knows one another.

If you want to know more about me, send me a private message or just ask.

Admin
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Vella
Vella

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 am

Admin wrote:
welcome,

to my life,

Work as a psychiatric nurse on an acute psychiatric unit in the UK caring (as well as injecting) those mostly with severe mental illness, such as schizophrenia.

Due to the nature of the job, after a while you have heard pretty much everything there is that would break the law of moses and begin to develop a slightly twisted sense of humour often bordering on the sarcastic (though that is often a british thing) and showing signs of serious irony. Therefore take heed when I make my posts.

Churchwise, I attend a small charismatic church in the UK, which used to be a fully fledged member of the AoG, but now we are just affiliated to them. I have no particular ministry other than being there. Because we are so small, there is no real structure to fight against, and everyone does as they are led to do, which makes it very friendly and everyone knows one another.

If you want to know more about me, send me a private message or just ask.

Admin

Thank you for your introduction, it was most interesting. I'm sure that your sense of humour about your experiences in the psych wards are very interesting indeed and you will be, I'm sure, very sensitive when/if you post them.
Very Happy I can only imagine the things you have experienced, but of course there may well be those who come here who have been patients in such places and may be sensitive to such humour, but I'm sure as a mature and experienced person you know that. Very Happy Many years ago I worked as a medical records clerk in an emergency ward of a large hospital, and believe me, all the staff there had to have a kind of "warped" sense of humour, just to stay sane.

As for me, I'm a wife, mum and grandma....just a regular suburban housewife really.
Smile Jesus is the spiritual focus of my life. I don't attend weekly church services, but do have one particular service which I try to attend once a month and I also like to attend lunches put on by the church every fortnight. It is at a non denom church.

I love all creatures great and small...pets = 2 rats (Charlie & Bruce), a fantail goldfish named "Sushi"...2 Bearded Collie dogs named Katie and Barkley, and several tropical fish. We love them all dearly.
Very Happy

My husband builds and sails radio controlled model boats and yachts and is involved with several clubs and enjoys competition.

I'm basically a happy person, have had ups and downs like everyone, don't like to argue about topics, but prefer to "agree to disagree" on topics.
I don't have great Bible knowledge...I'm a bit of a liberal thinking Christian I guess.....

Anyway, that's about it....thanks for listening.
queen Vella

Back to top Go down

Admin
Page 1 of 1