our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

noisy worship

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

noisy worship Empty
PostSubject: noisy worship   noisy worship EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:49 am

i was at church yesterday, and the 'worship' was far too loud. The worship leader insisted on belting out the song with the lyrics, 'wait upon the lord', after what seemed like fifteen rounds of the chorus, everyone was emotionally charged up, but for me it did not cut it..... i did not sing, instead i waited on the lord ( i quietly sang my own song, spent time praying and waited and listened). I do not know if anyone else waited, because everyone seemed too busy singing.... no time to wait.

Am I just a miserable git, or does anyone else have any similar experiences?

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

noisy worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: noisy worship   noisy worship EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:24 pm

cyberlizard wrote:
i was at church yesterday, and the 'worship' was far too loud. The worship leader insisted on belting out the song with the lyrics, 'wait upon the lord', after what seemed like fifteen rounds of the chorus, everyone was emotionally charged up, but for me it did not cut it..... i did not sing, instead i waited on the lord ( i quietly sang my own song, spent time praying and waited and listened). I do not know if anyone else waited, because everyone seemed too busy singing.... no time to wait.

Am I just a miserable git, or does anyone else have any similar experiences?

Steve
One of the main reasons I left the congregation I was at was because of their misuse of 'worship' time.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

noisy worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: noisy worship   noisy worship EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 7:56 am

I think sometimes the music is too loud but others don't seem to mind. I have learned in the last few years, there's a big difference between thankfulness, praise, and worship.
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

noisy worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: noisy worship   noisy worship EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 1:04 am

I told you before you're just a miserable git!!!

I think part of the problem is that you think he hypes it up a bit, so that you dont relax and enjoy the worship.

The thing I like is that you can do your own thing - you sat and tried to wait upon the Lord, other people sat on the floor, others waved flags, so althoug you arent keen on everything, you can at least be free to worship God as you want, which I like a lot, because I dont feel as if I have to do everythiong everyone else is doing, or worship God is the same way as everyone else.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

noisy worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: noisy worship   noisy worship EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 9:57 am

The thing is, that music is not passive, it directs your mind body and soul to do certain things. If it is not in sinc with the Holy one, that could be the troubling that CL is feeling. I feel it too when those leading worship are more concentrated on themselves in the flesh enjoying doing their own thing, than to come into harmony with each other, with no distractions so the focus can be on the L-RD which is exactly what the music is supposed to do. But many times, the true worship leader who has gone astray has imposed themselves in there and lead the mind body and soul away from worshiping the L-RD.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

noisy worship Empty
PostSubject: Re: noisy worship   noisy worship Empty

Back to top Go down

noisy worship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Protestant/Charismatic/Evangelical/Non Denom-
Jump to: