our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tturt

hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet Empty
PostSubject: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 am

There has to be some significance to this - I've read some on when people were anointed & its significance. But does anyone have insight as to why she used her hair to dry his feet? John 12:3.
Back to top Go down
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 11:56 am

because she didn't have a towel!!!! Smile

Sorry, seriously its because at that time a woman's hair was her glory. To dry his feet with her hair was the ultimate sacrifice - her devotion to him was so immense that she not only spent all her money on purfume but used her hair, the crown of her beauty, to dry his feet. She new who He was and was prepared to give everything to honour him Smile
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 9:59 pm

The woman was Miriam, Lazarus' sister. Since the place that this happened was in Mary's own home I am sure she had acsess to many cloths.

As the scripture reads Yeshua said she saved it for his burial, probably given insight to know he wouldn't be buried in time for proper annointing.

As to why she used her hair, I would gather it was a matter of posture. In order to use one's hair to wipe anothers feet, one has to bow very low to the ground. She was paying homage to her King, her savior, her G-d.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 4:58 am

A comparison of the scriptures:

Miriam - 6 days before feast

John 12:3- 8 At Bethany - Miriam anointed His feet using expensive ointment & dried with her hair. Then Judas spoke up about the costs.

A woman anointed Him 2 days before feast:
Luke 7:36-50 City? No time frame given? A woman who was a sinner (anointed His feet & dried with her hair) alabaster box of expensive ointment at Pharisee's house - Christ Jesus talked with someone named Simon. No comment made about costs.
Matt 26:6 and Mark 14:3 give the same account - At Bethany at Simon, a leper, house, a woman (not defined) anointed His head using expensive ointment from alabaster box. Costs brought up.

So is it one account of the same occurance or two occurances?

If it was one situation, here are some discrepancies: John's account b/c it says it was 6 days compared to Matt & Mark that state 2 days until the feast. Also, whose house were they at? In John's account Martha was serving. So were they at Lazarus, Mary or Martha's home or would Martha have been serving at the Pharisee's house?

In the Luke account, can we assume that Simon was the name of the Pharisee? I thought that lepers couldn't be Pharisees???

Also, Luke's account said she anointed His feet compared to the other two accounts that say His head?
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 11:24 am

Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 9:27 am

Thanks - that's what I thought but so many urls on net said they were the same. I just didn't see how.

Appreciate the url!
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Glad to help! Smile
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 6:23 am

That's the reason I read scripture references myself - not that I'm right all the time either. But sometimes there are mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 2:51 pm

You sound like a good 'Berean'. Smile
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 7:01 am

Found this yesterday -

1Sa 6:19 “And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because
they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and
ten men:
and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.” KJV

1Sa 6:19 And He struck the men of Beth-shemesh because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah. He even struck seventy among the people, including fifty chief men. And the people lamented because Jehovah had struck the people with a great slaughter. mkjv

1Sa 6:19 God struck down some of the people from Beth
Shemesh because they looked inside the ark of the LORD. He struck down 70 people. The people mourned because the LORD
struck them with such a great blow. GW

1Sa 6:19 But the Lord sent destruction on seventy men of the people of Beth-shemesh for looking into the ark of the Lord; and great was the sorrow of the people for the destruction which the Lord had sent on them. BBE

1Sa 6:19 for [Adonai]
struck the people of Beit-Shemesh for looking at the ark of Adonai. He killed 50,070 of the people; the
people mourned because Adonai had struck them with such a terrible
slaughter. CJB

Why the variance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet   hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet Empty

Back to top Go down

hair to dry Christ Jesus' feet
Page 1 of 1