our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph Empty
PostSubject: Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph   Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 4:13 pm

I thought I'd put this here so all would feel welcome to participate.

Recently my group met for our Torah study, this week happened to also be Chanukah and so to have a more lively atmosphere, I decided to make our study a quiz. Smile I am always encouraging my group to read the parsha* before coming and there is always the normal excuse of not having enough time.

So since this weeks parsha was such a wonderful one, about Joseph, I came up with a variety of questions on it. I went around the room and asked in turn each person a question. If they got it right ( didn't have to be word for word of course, just the general idea) they got a marble. and at the end of the game them were added up to see who won the prizes. ( Chanukah candles and bible CD's)

So I thought you all might enjoy taking this quiz yourselves.

This is based on Genesis 41:1 to 44:17 the parsha is called 'Mikketz' meaning at the end.

Try taking it first if you haven't already read it, to see how much you know.

Have Fun!cheers

1. How many years after Pharaohs Birthday did he have the dream about the river?
2. When Pharaoh woke up the 1st time what had just happened in his dream?
3. Who was hung that had dreams in prison with Joseph, the Baker or the cup bearer?
4. What did Joseph do before appearing before Pharaoh when summoned to interpret his dream?
5. What was Joseph's Egyptian name and what did it mean?
6. Who was Joseph's father in law?
7. What was his occupation? ( Joseph's FIL)
8. How old was Joseph when he stood before Pharaoh?
9. What was the quantity of grain stored in the 7 plenteous years that is like the promise given to Abraham?
10.Name one of Josephs sons ( or both)

11.Who was Josephs firstborn?
12.What did his name mean? How was this similar to Moses sons?
13.How many sons of Israel went down to Egypt for grain the 1st time?
14 What was the first thing Joseph spoke to his brothers? ( it was a question)
15.What did he 1st accuse them of?
16. What did Joseph demand of them before giving them grain?
17. Joseph put his brothers in prison, T or F?
18. If so , how long was it?
19. On the 3rd day Joseph spoke something very prophetic to his brothers, what was it?
20. Who stayed behind while the other 9 went to get Benjamin?

21. What does his name mean and why do you think Joseph choose him?
22. 'What goes around comes around' how does this saying pertain to this parsha?
23. When the brothers found their money returned in their sacks, what did they say? And why did they attribute this to him?
24. When Jacob saw their money had been returned to them and heard their storied of what transpired in Egypt he made a very solemn statement, what was it?
25. What did Reuben promise to set his fathers heart as ease?
26. Jacob did not accept this offer but accepted another sons offer of responsibility, whose?
27. Name two of the gifts that Jacob sent to Joseph ( not knowing it was he) with the brothers. ( there were six things mentioned, depending on your translation).
28. When the brother s returned , Joseph ate with them at what time?
29. What animals did the brothers take to Egypt?
30. When they were brought into Josephs house what did they do 1st?

31. When Joseph arrived home, what did his brothers do?
32. What caused Joseph to leave them and go to his bedroom?
33. There was special seating at this meal, and three divisions, name them
34. What amazed the brothers about the seating arrangement?
35. What 'Special something' was put in Benjamin's pack?
36. What did Joseph use this for?
37. In their indignation 'they' promised what punishment could be taken on whomever's pack this was found, if it was?
38. Did Josephs' manager agree to this?
39 They return to the city and do something a third time , what was it?

1. 2 (41:1)
2. The lean cows had eaten the fat cows. ( 41:4)
3. The baker ( 41:10-13)
4. He shaved and changed his clothes (41:14)
5. Tzafnat-Pa'neach ( 41:45) The Rabbis follow the Aramaic translation that understands his name to mean "Interpreter of hidden things". The word Tzafnat is interpreted to come from the root of 'hidden' (like Tzafun, the hidden piece of Matzah we eat at the Seder). Rashi points out that pane'ach is a unique word in the Torah, and Ibn Ezra notes that is one of the unusual 4-letter roots (most Hebrew roots have 3 letters). In modern Hebrew, the root pane'ach means to 'decipher.'

6.Potifera (41:45)
7. He was the priest of On, or Heliopolis (41:45)
8. 30 years old ( 41:46)
9. Joseph stored grain, in quantities like the sands of the seashore ( 41:49) and (22:17)
10. Ephraim and Manasseh ( 41: 50-52)
11. Manasseh (41:51)
12. Causing to forget ( 41:51)
13. Ten ( 42:3)
14. "Where are you from?" (42:7)
15. Spying out the land of Egypt and looking for its weaknesses (42:12)
16. That they should return with Benjamin to prove they weren't spies (42:15)
17. True (42:17)
18. Three days (42:18)
19. 'Do what I say and stay alive, for I fear G-d" ( 42:18)
20. Shimon ( Simeon) ( 42:24)
21. Means 'Hearing' like in the Shema, because the L-RD heard Leah's cries, 'He heard I am unloved' ( Gen 29:33)
22. They realized they were guilty concerning Joseph and restitution was being paid back to them for what they had done to him. (42:21-22)
23. "What is this that G-d has done?" (42:28)
24. " You have robbed me of my children!" ( 42:36)
25. " If I don't bring him back ( Benjamin), you can kill my own two sons." (42:37)
26. Judah- He promised to be responsible for his safety with his life (43:Cool
27. Depending on translations, healing balm, honey, aromatic gum, opium, pistachios, almonds, or a little balm, honey,spices, myrrh, nuts and almonds (43:11)
28. Noon ( 43:16)
29. Donkeys ( 43:18, 42:26)
30 They were given water to wash their feet and their animals were fed ( 43:24)
31 They presented their gifts to him and bowed down before him ( 43:26)
32. He was torn at seeing Benjamin for the first time as an adult, it was 13 years since he has seen him and he was only a small boy then. ( 43:30)
33. Joseph ate separately, his brothers ate separately and the Egyptians also separately (43:32)
34. They were seated in birth order, the eldest first and the youngest last. ( 43:33)
35. Joseph's silver Goblet ( 44:1)
36. Divination ( 44:5)
37. The pack whom it was found would pay by death, the others would become slaves to Joseph ( 44:9)
38. No, the one who took it would become a slave the rest were blameless ( 44:10)
39. They prostrated themselves thus making his prophetic dream come true
in triplicate ( 44:14)

*Parsha means - portion, it is the weekly section of the Torah or Pentateuch read each week on Shabbat, the Sabbath.

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph   Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 am

Well, I didn't do as well as I had thought I would. I know I can read it myself but what answers for questions 35-end? If they're readily accessible.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph   Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 12:53 pm

tturt wrote:
Well, I didn't do as well as I had thought I would. I know I can read it myself but what answers for questions 35-end? If they're readily accessible.
So, sorry, I must have skipped my last page. :duh:I've edited to include them. Smile

So how did you do on it? How many correct? ( remember they don't have to be exact, word for word).

My group didn't do too well either, only got a total of 20 right and I was lenient because of the holiday. Wink
Back to top Go down
tturt

PostSubject: Re: Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph   Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 7:20 am

I didn't read these scriptures just before the test and got about the same as your group.

questions 1, 12, 19, 29,and 36 - I didn't have a clue.

Question
32 - some people say Joseph didn't know Benjamin. Why did he have such
a reaction to him in Egypt? B/c he knew him and had a good relationship
with this brother, imho.

I do find Jacob adopting Joseph's sons and giving the cross handed blessing to M'nasheh and Efrayim interesting.
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph   Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 2:54 pm

I like to make my questions challenging as I believe that the book of Genesis is very prophetic, and I want others to get as much out of it as they can. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph   Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph Empty

Back to top Go down

Parsha- Bible Quiz on Joseph
Page 1 of 1