our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

What is your favortie Book in Tenach?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

What is your favortie Book in Tenach? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favortie Book in Tenach?   What is your favortie Book in Tenach? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 12:55 am

And why?

And Do you prefer the Torah, or the Writings or the Prophets ( as a group) more?
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favortie Book in Tenach?   What is your favortie Book in Tenach? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 11:40 am

Ok, well I'll go first. Smile

My favorite is Genesis, what we are in now. I have a philosophy that everything that ever was and will be is contained in there, it is just for us to find it, the L-RD allowing.

As far as of the three 'groups' I would say, I love torah, but I also love the prophets and respect them very much, they lived lives dedicated to HaShem and it was never easy, but they will be honored in the world to come. The writings are special too, so I guess I can't say one over the other except we need a firm foundation and that is the Torah, so if I had to pick of the three, it would be Torah.
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: What is your favortie Book in Tenach?   What is your favortie Book in Tenach? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 1:01 pm

i do not think i have a favourite book per se', i like some passages moe than others though.

i struggle with reading the genealogies even though i really know that they are actually foundational to establishing histories.

Bookwise though, i much prefer the more apocolyptic stuff, even though i struggle to make sense of much of it. Would be nice to find a big book that explained it all.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favortie Book in Tenach?   What is your favortie Book in Tenach? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1