our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

A question on burial practice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zaksmummy

A question on burial practice Empty
PostSubject: A question on burial practice   A question on burial practice EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:57 pm

I have always been interested in history,the period I know the best is 1919-1945 european history ie first and second world war.

I have come to understand that part of the reason the Holocaust was so awful from a Jewish perspective was that not only were some many people needlessly and cruelly murdered, but as many of their bodies were burned, they would not be able to be resurrected in the world to come.

So I have a question, does this belief stem from something written in the Torah, or is it traditional rabbinic belief? As God knows each hair on our head, every grain of sand on a beach, does he not also know every speck of dust and therefore can raise dust to life, or is there more to it than that?

I have heard that the early Christians believed that two thigh bones and a skull were sufficient for a resurrection, does this believe follow on from Jewish thinking?
Back to top Go down
JewishTaskForceWoman
JewishTaskForceWoman

A question on burial practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question on burial practice   A question on burial practice EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 am

The body must be intact.
Back to top Go down
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php

A question on burial practice
Page 1 of 1