our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Non-denominationalism

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

Non-denominationalism Empty
PostSubject: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Hello, ev1 who will read this.

I am t/ Swangman, only because of my last name - Swanger.

Now, t/ object of my topic. Praise God for what He is doing in breaking His Children free from t/ "bondage" of denominationalism. But what is Non-denominationalism? Is it a movement like Methodism or Luthernism or even Penecostalism was/is. What are your thoughts on not becoming a non-denominational denomination? Mine are, if yer interested, is: Guarding our Hearts as to what others may say but be open minded, not judging one another. For those, hungry for "as much as God can fit in them", we are t/ eye opening "movement". A bunch of people, not just a few but many, all doing their part in t/ Kingdom of God to Glorify Him & Jesus our Messiah! Reaching out, pulling in, holding on because of t/ Love of God our Father flowing through us.
Wow, that got exciting! Well, that's my off-t/-top-of-my-heart synopsis! Let's hear or read what others have to say. God bless you all, His Church!
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 11:56 pm

swangman wrote:
Hello, ev1 who will read this.

I am t/ Swangman, only because of my last name - Swanger.

Now, t/ object of my topic. Praise God for what He is doing in breaking His Children free from t/ "bondage" of denominationalism. But what is Non-denominationalism? Is it a movement like Methodism or Luthernism or even Penecostalism was/is. What are your thoughts on not becoming a non-denominational denomination? Mine are, if yer interested, is: Guarding our Hearts as to what others may say but be open minded, not judging one another. For those, hungry for "as much as God can fit in them", we are t/ eye opening "movement". A bunch of people, not just a few but many, all doing their part in t/ Kingdom of God to Glorify Him & Jesus our Messiah! Reaching out, pulling in, holding on because of t/ Love of God our Father flowing through us.
Wow, that got exciting! Well, that's my off-t/-top-of-my-heart synopsis! Let's hear or read what others have to say. God bless you all, His Church!

Firstly....welcome, my name is Vella and it's nice to meet you.

Secondly, you'll find I'm a very simple soul, with simple words and I express myself simply. I am a student of the university of life rather than of books, and I'm not real flash on knowing or quoting the Bible either. I'm not a fundamentalist Christian, but recognise Christ in my life every day.

The reason I consider myself to be non-denom is because I do not want to be part of any denom. I have been held in the bonds of denoms and for political and patriarcal reasons I have left.....to some therefore I am doomed, but in my heart I know I am free. I believe Christ works in every life individually....we are each His church in our own unique way. I will not compare others to myself, nor do I like it when they tell me what I should be. The fingers of my childhood religlious bonds still try to reach me, but I refuse to go to them....I wish to retain my freedom and personal relationship in Christ and belong to Him and Him alone, and not some man made organisation.

Don't know if that makes any sense or answers your question, but that's how I feel about being non denom.

Smiles.
queen Vella
Back to top Go down
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 5:50 am

non-denominational - now there's an idea.

for me it is not caring what particular religious affilation someone claims to belong too (I suppose technically I would be charismatic with messianic leanings), but in truth I do not care.

I am a follower of Christ and so is the rest of the church, so they could all post in here if they wished, but from what I have seen in the real world and elsewhere in the virtual one, people tend to huddle with others who share the same outlook on their faith and denounce any that disagree. Here's to hoping we never see that here.

:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 2:45 pm

What IS interesting about non-denominationalism is that they were born out of denominationalism. And more specifically, branched off of t/ Charismatic & Penecostal movements. All I know is my life in Christ: I got saved when my Mom invited us children to watch a movie at a public theatre that she was interested in watching. I am sure she had no spiritual hopes of salvation for bringing us but after that movie, I was convicted. I wanted to be saved! Out of t/ 4 of us driving home, I was crying and my siblings lookd at me wondering why.
At home I took a Family bible, a normal sized bible & a pocket new testament & made an alter. I didn't have His phone number so I got as close as I ignorantly could. I put my elbows on those bibles & asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins, come into my heart & take me to Heaven when I died. I will trust You 100%.
After that prayer, I got off of my knees and stood up knowing I was a Christian. There was noone else around, no church or believers. Just me & t/ Holy Spirit! (& I didn't even know He was there!) I was 16 yrs.old & my journey from then til now has been one of enlightenment.
I will continue later. May God's blessings surround you always!
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 10:58 pm

Hello again! After my salvation, I knew I was saved. I started buying Christian T-shirts & Cross necklaces and talkd about God as best I could. Read His Word too. This lasted for about 2 months. I lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan when I met Jesus, now I am in Houston, Texas. One Saturday night t/ thought finally "popped" into my mind, "I should be going to Church. But which Church should I go to? What time does it start?" So, I determined to get up early Sunday morning & start walking until I find a Church. T/ 1st Church I come to is t/ one I will go to. So, u know God had a hand in that. It was a Baptist Church. My Love for God was a surprise to them. They didn't know what that was like. That was interesting. I stayd in t/ Baptist denomination for a long time. About 15 years later, I was standing at a bus stop waiting for a bus when someone else at that stop noticed I was enjoying myself and invited me to his Church. It was a non-denominational group of Charistmatic Believers. Oh, what an excitement to be in a Church that I felt comfortable being in. My life hasn't been t/ same since then, but it was also nothing to brag about. That's my story, my transition in a nutshell!
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi Everybody

I'm Catrin and I'm a Charasmatic (I wrote that on the Charasmatic page as well) but I suppose I'm a bit of a mixture really.

I was brough up Brethern, left when I was 16 to go to a Charasmatic church, when I got married I attended a ex-AOG and then an Anglican. Left the faith, returned about 20 months ago, went to a FIEC evangelical and have returned home to the ex-AOG. Now have an interest in the Jewish Roots movement too.

Does that make make non-denominational?

Catrin xx

I hpe
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 9:32 pm

zaksmummy wrote:
Hi Everybody

I'm Catrin and I'm a Charasmatic (I wrote that on the Charasmatic page as well) but I suppose I'm a bit of a mixture really.

I was brough up Brethern, left when I was 16 to go to a Charasmatic church, when I got married I attended a ex-AOG and then an Anglican. Left the faith, returned about 20 months ago, went to a FIEC evangelical and have returned home to the ex-AOG. Now have an interest in the Jewish Roots movement too.

Does that make make non-denominational?

Catrin xx

I hpe

I think that makes you VERY INTERESTING....

Smiles, Vella.
queen
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 8:33 am

Thank you Vella
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 am

Well, I guess there wasn't much else to say or comment on on this subject. I made it my "home page" so I could watch it as others made comments but...

Anyway, that's why I haven't been making anymore comments. I wasn't tryin to "let my voice be heard" by just making comments myself.

One last comment on t/ subject: Whatever you want to call it, it is what you want it to be. If you don't want to feel tied down or bound by man made ordinances, DON'T BECOME NON-DENOMINATIONAL. Become what God desire's you to be - His Children! Learn by His rules. Our Father didn't expect us to live in sin after we accepted His Provision for Salvation through His Son Jesus t/ Christ, our Messiah! Our Father has set rules in His Own House, His Kingdom. I am a grateful, ever-loving Child of His. His rules are a delight in my heart's eye! I don't have to follow them, I just do them w/o realizing I do them because I want to please Him for what He's done for me. I guess it all depends on how close you are to Him. If you are committing sin or don't love Him t/ way I do, then maybe, living by His rules is something you should consider. Whatever we choose to believe on t/ subject, t/ most important aspect of being non-denominational is being open-minded to what your Father has pland for you. Seek Him for more "answers" to His Rules. It's a Wonderful Place to be! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 11:22 am

Yes I think you are exactly right and i agree about the rules bit too. Gos has a prefect way which we need to listen to him about. I for one find that difficult sometimes as I have recently, He has been challenging me about a number of things which I "mulling" over.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-denominationalism   Non-denominationalism Empty

Back to top Go down

Non-denominationalism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
our father abraham :: Congregational Gatherings :: Protestant/Charismatic/Evangelical/Non Denom-
Jump to: