our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

A day to celebrate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 8:43 pm

Guess what guys....today, September 6th...is my dad's....97th birthday.!!
cheers

We phoned him this morning...he lives an hours drive from us...and sang happy birthday to him....he sounds really happy and totally amazed that he's turned 97. Very Happy He's the oldest living member of his family.

On October 21st (all being well) he and mum (aged 89) will celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary.
Very Happy

Smiles to you all. Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:41 am

Lets hope they make it to their 70th! I've only seen it in our local paper once.

If 50 is gold, n 60 is diamond what is that one?
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:12 pm

zaksmummy wrote:
Lets hope they make it to their 70th! I've only seen it in our local paper once.

I have no idea what this one is....probably...darned lucky !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 5:12 am

Vella wrote:
zaksmummy wrote:

I have no idea what this one is....probably...darned lucky !!! Very Happy

I had a little chat with mum and dad this afternoon and asked dad how he enjoyed his birthday yesterday. Apparently he had a little "impromptu" party. They live in a retirement village and most of the residents are widows, there are very few men there. Anyway, a couple of ladies found out it was dads birthday so he invited them around for a cup of afternoon tea. It turns out, 4 ladies came, and of course mum was there and dad was the only man present and one of the ladies bought a bottle of red wine. He was tickled pink that he had 5 women helping to celebrate and he was the only man and there and there were lots of cakes and of course the bottle of wine. He said they had lots of laughs and it was one of the best birthdays he's ever had...I thought that was soooooo funny. I'm glad he enjoyed his day. He might be old, but he's still got plenty of fun in him......

Back to top Go down
Ishida

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 pm

Wow, 68th anniversary.. Congrats to them.
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 10:48 am

70 is a platinum anniversary, I just looked it up on google.

Sounds like you folks had a great time on your dads birthday, I hope the cake was nice

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 9:37 pm

That's an amazing testimony that your parents have, Vella. Still gettin around & kickin at 97 and been hitched for 68 of those years is very incredible & very admirable. Maybe when he's 120 yrs. old we'll read about them in Time magazine!
Congratulations on having good parents, Vella.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A day to celebrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day to celebrate   A day to celebrate Empty

Back to top Go down

A day to celebrate
Page 1 of 1