our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

I've stuffed up.....big time....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

I've stuffed up.....big time.... Empty
PostSubject: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 9:23 am

As you know, we've just come back from a wonderful months holiday in Tasmania.

Found out today that I've deleted quite a few photos of our holiday from Brians camera card............accidently of course. I wanted to delete a couple on his camera, and wasn't sure how to do it and he said he'd tell me later...but me....the impatient blob that I am....had a go anyway, and it seems I stuffed it up and deleted some really, really, really important and good shots of tours we'd been on and places we've seen. No real idea how I did it, just pushed too many buttons and .... bingo.....deleted several at one time.

I'm not happy with myself at all....and Brian is also very disappointed.

Crying or Very sad Vella
Back to top Go down
Arlev

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 9:27 am

This post has been removed

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Vella, I hope you didn't loose to many of the grandkids, those are hard to duplicate as they grow so quickly.

If you do have any left, please share them, if you don't know how, just pm me and I'll walk you through it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyMon Dec 24, 2007 3:24 am

Arlev wrote:
Don't be disappointed - although I can sympathise with you (I did the same when we were in Geneva. Fortunately, we had time to do the sights again).

But you don't appear to see the opportunity in this (grin) - now you have to go back to take all the pictures again.

This is a must - it has to happen. So, start saving, and go back as soon as you can. Why have one holiday when you can justify two?

I am going back in May, but only for a week and can't afford to go to all the same places, and I may be going alone, so we won't be able to recaputure the same "moments"...I went to a travel agent today and got some brochures of Tasmania and hope to get some pics from them of the places I lost on the camera. I guess if that's the worst thing in life that happens to me, I don't have much to worry about, but I didn't sleep till after 4am this morning, spent the night crying....but Brian is good about it. hitting head against
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyMon Dec 24, 2007 3:29 am

Psalms_119:105 wrote:
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Vella, I hope you didn't loose to many of the grandkids, those are hard to duplicate as they grow so quickly.

If you do have any left, please share them, if you don't know how, just pm me and I'll walk you through it. Smile

Oh, could you really help me post the pics...I'd love that...Smile..I'm really THICK Silly when it comes to doing a lot of things on computers. Thankfully, NONE of the photos with my family are lost....it was just tour boats and scenery and a few special places we went to that were lost and pictures we took of each other in those special places. We still have the memories, but I really loved some of those special pics....

Thanks again soooo much, look forward to LEARNING HOW !! applause

Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 10:17 pm

Are they loaded into your computer?
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 4:40 am

Are they loaded into your computer?

Yes they are....
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 11:15 am

A while ago Vella, Steven wiped our computer - it had a few problems and he wanted to clean it. Anyway, when he'd dpone it he realised that he'd wiped al the pictures as well, so I can fully understand the smiley banging his head

Boo hoo, hope your feeling just a bit better about it

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Ok Vella here we go. posting on forum You will see on the Quick reply field at the bottom of this page different little icons to do basic things on here, look for the one that looks like a picture to the right and says servimg next to it. click on this.

It will open a new window for you at the imaging site.

It will say, Servimg.com Free image hosting service.

You just need to register, it's free and then you can upload your photos!~Smile

You will log in with your email address and password

Once you log in you will get a new page and on there will be a box that says

Upload your image

It will already be selected to file and an empty field will be next to it with a button that says browse,

click on browse and find the picture you want to post on your computer, select the picture and it will load in the field. Leave the image size alone. Then click the little button that says, 'HOST IT'

Then when it is done you will get another page that has a thumbsize of your picture and these urls beneath it.

BBcode
Thumbnail :
Image :

Html

Thumbnail :
Show image to friends :

Direct links

Image url :

You want to choose the BBCODE IMAGE address, not the thumbnail one and copy that address in there and it will look something like this
I've stuffed up.....big time.... Eclips 10

Then paste that in your post and viola! your picture should appear like this one I took last fall of an ecilpse

I've stuffed up.....big time.... Eclips10

Just type in a discription in the post to explain the photo and press send. Then start a new post for the next picture. You can add another at that site by clicking on the icon on the left side that says upload, or you can upload all you want there, and then click on the icon on the left side that says my images and it will give you a link to your links on there. From the "my images' page just select a picture you want to link to and click on links and then get the BBcode image address and post here. If you don't like what is on there you can delete them by clicking on the little circle under your picture and hit the delete button under all the pictures

I hope that helps you!
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 12:49 am

Ok Vella here we go. posting on forum You will see on the Quick reply field at the bottom of this page different little icons to do basic things on here, look for the one that looks like a picture to the right and says servimg next to it. click on this.

Upload your image

It will already be selected to file and an empty field will be next to it with a button that says browse,

click on browse and find the picture you want to post on your computer, select the picture and it will load in the field. Leave the image size alone. Then click the little button that says, 'HOST IT'

Then when it is done you will get another page that has a thumbsize of your picture and these urls beneath it.

BBcode
Thumbnail :
Image :

Html

Thumbnail :
Show image to friends :

Direct links

Image url :

You want to choose the BBCODE IMAGE address, not the thumbnail one and copy that address in there and it will look something like this

Then paste that in your post and viola! your picture should appear like this one I took last fall of an ecilpse

Just type in a discription in the post to explain the photo and press send. Then start a new post for the next picture. You can add another at that site by clicking on the icon on the left side that says upload, or you can upload all you want there, and then click on the icon on the left side that says my images and it will give you a link to your links on there. From the "my images' page just select a picture you want to link to and click on links and then get the BBcode image address and post here. If you don't like what is on there you can delete them by clicking on the little circle under your picture and hit the delete button under all the pictures

I hope that helps you!

Well, I got as far as the bit where it says......"Host It".....that seemed to take ages....then the page went blank. I only have dial up on my computer, not broadband....so I don't know if that means anything...but I'll try again.....
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 1:15 am

Vella wrote:

Upload your image

BBcode
Thumbnail :
Image :

Html

Thumbnail :
Show image to friends :

Direct links

Image url :

I hope that helps you!

Well, I got as far as the bit where it says......"Host It".....that seemed to take ages....then the page went blank. I only have dial up on my computer, not broadband....so I don't know if that means anything...but I'll try again.....

Nope, I've tried again....can't get beyond the "Host It"....maybe my computer isn't fast enough.....
Back to top Go down
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 10:14 am

I'm sorry, not sure whats the hold up. Maybe steve can help you with the dial up problem,I have DSL and it only takes about 10 seconds to upload, if that. Sad
Back to top Go down
Arlev

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 12:03 pm

This post has been removed

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 7:43 pm

Arlev wrote:
I have a small 'batch' image size reducer that would help with the upload but still be able to have large-ish pictures.

I saw that you have Dial-Up, Vella, so sending the slideshow isn't appropriate as it would take you about 3 days to get!

The program files are only 1.05MB, though, so I could send them to you for pick up. I could talk you through how to use it. The image size reducer is only 2.2MB, too.

Let me know.

Ahhh not to worry my friend....it's not the first time I've had similar problems. I know if we had the other set up it would be much quicker, but dial up only costs us $64 (Australian) a year, and most pay that a month for broadband. We don't do anything that requires anything fast, and I'd rather save the money. But thanks for the thoughts and offer of help.applause
Vella. queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've stuffed up.....big time....   I've stuffed up.....big time.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I've stuffed up.....big time....
Page 1 of 1