our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

Jewish stuff.........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vella
Vella

Jewish stuff......... Empty
PostSubject: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 10:20 am

There seems to be lots of Jewish "stuff" here, and that's fine because that's what the forum is about as well as Christian "stuff"...but so far there seems to be more people with Jewish interests than Christian....so I guess I'm in the minority at the moment.....and as I'm not even a "fundamentalist" Christian, I may be in even more of a minority...oh well.....I'll just stick around and wait for the general conversations....and leave the "knowledgeable stuff" to the rest of you.....Smile

It's good to see the group growing.

Smiles to all....Vella..
queen
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 10:43 am

Hi Vella

Jewish stuff is christians stuff, thats were we came from. Stick with it, you will find out all kinds of interesting things that will help you in being christian, I have.

It takes time to get to understand it, and I'm still very far off that, but I feel like I've just become a christian (my original commitment happened when I was six, a bit young really), in that I mean I'm discovering a whole new depth to my faith that I just didnt see before.

We can all learn and ask questions together.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
Lawson Alan

PostSubject: Re: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 12:58 pm

When I got married to my Jewish wife, there was some concern as to who should preside over the wedding ceremony.

We decided on a Rabbi (which means teacher). He was fantastic.

When I first met him, he asked me if I was religious, and I answered that my God was Yahweh. He smiled.

Whatever differences there are between Judaism and Christianity, we share the core belief in the same God.

Jesus is a great prophet in Judaism, as well as Islam. Christians just take their belief one step further to believe that Jesus was the Messiah of prophecy.

God knows which religion is more correct, but in the end, I'm not sure that God plays favorites among those who worship Him.

Though the new testament claims a few things about the topic, I often wonder if mankind is in any position to judge what God thinks.

The theological debate between Judaism and Christianity might come to many impasses, but I hope that we all remember that we are all praying to the same God, and that God would not want us to fight amongst ourselves.

The beliefs may be varied, but our unity under the one true God as God's creation is a belief we all share.

LA
Back to top Go down
http://www.lunchwithgod.com
Vella
Vella

PostSubject: Re: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Lawson Alan wrote:
When I got married to my Jewish wife, there was some concern as to who should preside over the wedding ceremony.

We decided on a Rabbi (which means teacher). He was fantastic.

When I first met him, he asked me if I was religious, and I answered that my God was Yahweh. He smiled.

Whatever differences there are between Judaism and Christianity, we share the core belief in the same God.

Jesus is a great prophet in Judaism, as well as Islam. Christians just take their belief one step further to believe that Jesus was the Messiah of prophecy.

God knows which religion is more correct, but in the end, I'm not sure that God plays favorites among those who worship Him.

Though the new testament claims a few things about the topic, I often wonder if mankind is in any position to judge what God thinks.

The theological debate between Judaism and Christianity might come to many impasses, but I hope that we all remember that we are all praying to the same God, and that God would not want us to fight amongst ourselves.

The beliefs may be varied, but our unity under the one true God as God's creation is a belief we all share.

LA

Yeah, well I kind of agree with that....and kind of don't...but that's ok
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Well, Vella, you can rejoice! For 1 I am not into t/ "jewish thing" either. I was born (t/ 2nd time) a Christian! I do appreciate, as you might too, t/ coorelations we share that makes us curious as to why God would choose 1 nation in particular to t/ rest of them. (OK, oh well, I didn't delete it & write it a different way). I Praise God for who He Is! And since He has a special interest in t/ nation of Israel, I will love & cherish it as well. I do not hold any unrighteous or inappropraite feelings toward them either.

ON T/ OTHER HAND...

Judaism is a religion, as are all t/ others. They claim to know t/ truth as all t/ others do. They claim their relationship w/ our God, YHVH, is t/ right one as many of t/ others do. But their concept of Yashua, only being a Prophet, is wrong like many of t/ others are!

If you say He was just a Prophet, you strip Him (& all of Christianity of t/ Core beliefs) of t/ Lamb of God that He was! He was a Prophet, a Leader, a Teacher, a Saviour, a Redeemer, our Lord, our Messiah - JESUS T/ CHRIST!
I thank you Lord God for providing for us, unworthy sinners! that You would Love us (all humanity) enough to do what You did! And thank You, Jesus, for being obedient, even to death on a cross. Washing us of all our sins! By trusting in what You did for me, I have become a Child of t/ Most High!
Thank You, Father. Thank You, Jesus

ps- I want to add that I am not too familiar w/ Judaism but if they don't see Yashua Hommashia as our Deliver, our Redeemer, OUR SAVIOUR, then I feel sorry for them!
Back to top Go down
Psalms_119:105
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Psalms_119:105

PostSubject: Re: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2007 1:58 pm

swangman wrote:
Well, Vella, you can rejoice! For 1 I am not into t/ "jewish thing" either. I was born (t/ 2nd time) a Christian! I do appreciate, as you might too, t/ coorelations we share that makes us curious as to why God would choose 1 nation in particular to t/ rest of them. (OK, oh well, I didn't delete it & write it a different way). I Praise God for who He Is! And since He has a special interest in t/ nation of Israel, I will love & cherish it as well. I do not hold any unrighteous or inappropraite feelings toward them either.

ON T/ OTHER HAND...

Judaism is a religion, as are all t/ others. They claim to know t/ truth as all t/ others do. They claim their relationship w/ our God, YHVH, is t/ right one as many of t/ others do. But their concept of Yashua, only being a Prophet, is wrong like many of t/ others are!

If you say He was just a Prophet, you strip Him (& all of Christianity of t/ Core beliefs) of t/ Lamb of God that He was! He was a Prophet, a Leader, a Teacher, a Saviour, a Redeemer, our Lord, our Messiah - JESUS T/ CHRIST!
I thank you Lord God for providing for us, unworthy sinners! that You would Love us (all humanity) enough to do what You did! And thank You, Jesus, for being obedient, even to death on a cross. Washing us of all our sins! By trusting in what You did for me, I have become a Child of t/ Most High!
Thank You, Father. Thank You, Jesus

ps- I want to add that I am not too familiar w/ Judaism but if they don't see Yashua Hommashia as our Deliver, our Redeemer, OUR SAVIOUR, then I feel sorry for them!
There are many things you need to understand swangman, I will take the time some day to. For now though I just wanted to add a correction, if you are going to use the transliteration of Hebrew, please try and make it sound proper, ok? Smile

Yeshua is the L-RD's name, and he is the Messiah, or Ha Moshiach , Ha, means 'the'. Smile

I do hope there isn't too much animosity about things Jewish here, I am Jewish and I believe in Yeshua/Jesus, and He still is Jewish so if anyone does have a problem, I suggest that you fix the problem first with the number one Jew of this forum, Yeshua himself.Smile
Back to top Go down
http://verypeculiarpeople.forumotion.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jewish stuff.........   Jewish stuff......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Jewish stuff.........
Page 1 of 1