our father abraham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

our father abraham

your word is a lamp unto my feet

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  peculiar people forumpeculiar people forum  

feast of tabernacles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cyberlizard
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
cyberlizard

feast of tabernacles Empty
PostSubject: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 10:12 am

For those of us who believe about such things.

today (starting this evening) and for the next week plus one extra day, this period is the biblical holiday of the 'feast of tabernacles'.

Before everyone starts saying, "oh no he's off with the jewish stuff again'. Let me show you how this festival is important to both Jews and followers of Yeshua the Messiah.

1. it is accepted by some that Jesus was born at this time of year (hinted at in the passages of light of the world, and he made his tabernacle amongst us John 1).

2. the feast comes after yom hakippurim (the day of atonements) - it moves swiftly from repentence and forgiveness to the temporary nature of life, and then on to an eternity with God (zech 14), unlike yom kippur which was introspective and involved fasting, the feast is more like a major party.

3. it links together passges in zech. 14 and revelation.

4. it shows Yeshua's true understanding of him being the 'living water' and the 'light of the world' (john 7 and 8)

the last and greatest day of the feast, the water drawing ceremony
(hoshannah rabbah) shows how Yeshua fulfils Ezek. 47, Rev 21 and 22)

so what am i saying, this festival teaches us that Yeshua was born and tabernacled amongst us.

We also are simply passing through this life as temporary residents,
and so each year the Jews build a temporary shelter a succah, for them
to spend time in so they do not forget.

In the future we will live with our God and he will be our succah, our dwelling place.

What a fantastic festival, it is one that is only partially fulfilled
in Yeshua and the totality is waiting for us. There will come a day
when we as believer will celebrate this festival for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberlizard.co.uk
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 1:37 am

Excellent symbolism! Wonderful opportunity to Glorify God in remembering Who He Is and who we are! That I can see someone doing. What goes on during this festival?
Back to top Go down
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 9:46 am

Happy tabernacles Dudes!!

The feast is basically about celebrating and remember God's desire "to camp out with us" We remember the way Yahweh lived with the Israelites during their 40 years in the wilderness, Yahshuha tabernacling with us at his birth, and its also about looking forward to the 2nd coming. With is predicted to occur during the feast of tabernacles week, in whichever year it happens.

So during tabernacles lots of families build a little shelter of their own - we have one in our lounge at the mo. made out of a barbie tent and blankets!! and we go in every night and tell stories to the kids, and pray. We also give gifts at tabernacles.

For us it has become a kind of replacement Christmas, as it is more in line with when He was born than Christmas. We have fairy lights and a nativity scene too. And we light candles at meal times to remember the whole Light of the World thang.

There's really no set way to celebrate but just know that Yahweh loves it when we do.
Back to top Go down
zaksmummy

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 2:20 pm

We havent done anything to celebrate Tabernacles. It has been my dads and my birthday thursday and friday so we have been celebrating!

At church tomorrow Steven and I are presenting a Shofar litergy to the church, they are other litergys being done as well. Ours is all about blowing the shofar to remember the Jesus is comming again so I guess it fits in with Tabernacles.

Catrin xx
Back to top Go down
swangman
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Juski wrote:
Happy tabernacles Dudes!!

The feast is basically about celebrating and remember God's desire "to camp out with us" We remember the way Yahweh lived with the Israelites during their 40 years in the wilderness, Yahshuha tabernacling with us at his birth, and its also about looking forward to the 2nd coming. With is predicted to occur during the feast of tabernacles week, in whichever year it happens.

So during tabernacles lots of families build a little shelter of their own - we have one in our lounge at the mo. made out of a barbie tent and blankets!! and we go in every night and tell stories to the kids, and pray. We also give gifts at tabernacles.

For us it has become a kind of replacement Christmas, as it is more in line with when He was born than Christmas. We have fairy lights and a nativity scene too. And we light candles at meal times to remember the whole Light of the World thang.

There's really no set way to celebrate but just know that Yahweh loves it when we do.

Amen, Brother! Yes, Yahweh loves it whenever we give Him our attention! And t/ longer t/ better! Thanks for t/ info, I greatly appreciate it, "dude"! LOL

God bless ya!
Back to top Go down
Juski
Jr.Member
Jr.Member

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 12:05 pm

sorry dudes I made a wee error in what I wrote before - the 2nd coming is actually atonement. Tabernacles marks the 1000 year reign. Many apologies to you and yours Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feast of tabernacles   feast of tabernacles Empty

Back to top Go down

feast of tabernacles
Page 1 of 1